Tied up and beaten: Pantippers trade tales of harrowing discipline

webfact

Tied up and beaten: Pantippers trade tales of harrowing discipline

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

14580671891458067464l-cropped.jpg

Rescue workers on March 16 show caning marks on a 4-year-old girl’s body who was reportedly beaten by her stepfather and mother in Pathum Thani province.

BANGKOK — Tied to a tree and beaten unconscious. Slapped in the skull so hard an ear is partially sliced off. Forced to inhale smoke from a pot of hot coals mixed with spices.

Those may sound like medieval torture or Khmer Rouge interrogation techniques, but they were punishments some users of the Pantip webforum said they endured as children after upsetting their parents.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2016/09/06/tied-beaten-pantippers-trade-tales-harrowing-discipline/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-09-06

At a total loss to understand any of this barbarism. My youngest daughter as angelic as she may be is bloody difficult sometimes.

But some careful words and privileges taken away temporarily do bring her back into line.

Quite why you'd torture your own children is far far beyond my comprehension 

25 minutes ago, z42 said:

At a total loss to understand any of this barbarism. My youngest daughter as angelic as she may be is bloody difficult sometimes.

But some careful words and privileges taken away temporarily do bring her back into line.

Because it was the way they were handled as children and they lack even the most basic parenting skills: not excusing it, just a fact. What to do about it and how to break the cycle is a far more complex matter. Mandatory reporting would be one small step but it's only useful after the abuse has started.

29 minutes ago, z42 said:

small minds . dont know any better .

18 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Please tell me where I can meet the mother and stepfather face to face  

1 hour ago, sanukjim said:

I will gladly assist you sir.DJ

Count me in.

18 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Judging by the article, you'd have to be prepared to meet a roomful of these sadists. Perhaps more than you could handle.

People who abuse children are usually weak and cowardly pieces of crap.

People who defend children have the greatest strength of all.

Should not be any problem.

19 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Because it was the way they were handled as children and they lack even the most basic parenting skills: not excusing it, just a fact. What to do about it and how to break the cycle is a far more complex matter. Mandatory reporting would be one small step but it's only useful after the abuse has started.

Whilst I agree with you about breaking the cycle, reporting incidents are a different and complex issue. When a culture has been demonized into not complaining and causing loss of face, the reporting is often a practice left out. Sad but a fact here.

19 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Please tell me where I can meet the mother and stepfather face to face  

As if you'd survive the wrath of their relatives after you make them lose that much face. Especially as a farang.

Edited by mesterm

On 6-9-2016 at 4:12 PM, Prbkk said:

Yes the Thai have no idea how to punish children when they deserve it.

Our friends kids' like to jump on our lazyboys...told them many times they can't do that...father told them a few times as well.

Then 15 minutes later (when they didn't do it again) he suddenly starts hitting his young girl and yelling to her, that was the punishment for jumping on the sofa...:facepalm: First we all didn't understand it at all but it seems he suddenly realized he had to do something so started hitting her.

The Thai should use the TV to learn things, they only learn bad things from those horrible soapseries.

Also the radio-dj's should learn to speak proper english, kids can't learn from them at all....websy, only, fayboo, appun and so on, tv/radio is great for teaching them things, just do it!