Myanmar GF passport strategy - advice - university

rcoyote

I live with my Myanmar gf in Thailand. She has a working temporary myanmar passport that allows her to work in Thailand. In order to get into a university here she will need to go to Myanmar, apply and get a normal Myanmar passport. She should be able to get the passport, but my question is this. Assuming she gets the normal passport, how does she manage both passports. Ideally she can keep both and use them smartly. Does she re-enter Thailand with the new passport? Here are some scenarios:

1. She enters Thailand with new normal Myanmar passport - which she can apply to the University - ideally get accepted and begin the process to get her ED visa. 

problem: now her working passport would be stamped and if there are problems she could eventually lose her 2 year work visa status.

2. Alternatively She re-enters Thailand with her temporary myanmar passport and shows the university her new passport, which doesn't have a Tourist (TR) visa stamp. - My thinking is that she would have to go back to Myanmar likely to get the ED visa... or possibly just get a TR visa, which eventually gets changed to an ED visa.

problem: I may have to pay for an unnecessary  trip to Myanmar.

Anyhow? Any ideas here? I suppose I can go to the Myanmar Embassy in Thailand, but it seems I usually get half answers and catch-22's. 

Thanks, 

yes, if they are here on an MOU and have  a wp to stay,

GF needs a ed visa to attend school; once she is accepted the school will supply all her paperwork for her to apply for and get one

Cant change tourist visa to ed visa,  she needs apply for ed visa at the Thai embassy in Yangon

the visa is valid for 3,6,12 months depending on the papers her school provides