VietJet Air taps into Thai market with 4 new routes

webfact

VietJet Air taps into Thai market with 4 new routes

BANGKOK, 7 September 2016 (NNT) – Vietnamese low-cost airline VietJet Air is moving to penetrate the Thai market with the launch of four new routes connecting the two countries as well as destinations within Thailand. 

During a ceremony to introduce new flight routes of VietJet Air, Thai Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul expressed her welcome for the Vietnamese carrier’s expansion of business into Thailand. She pointed out that the airline’s presence in the domestic flight sector will lend support to Thai tourism development while raising the competition among budget carriers. 

VietJet Air has debuted three domestic routes, consisting of Bangkok-Chiang Mai, Bangkok-Phuket and Phuket-Chiang Rai routes, along with an international route linking Bangkok and Hai Phong, Vietnam. Set to begin service on September 15, all flights will be operated by Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft. 

Moreover, VietJet Air is offering a special promotion for all trips made between September 15 and December 31 this year, with ticket prices starting from zero baht. Reservations can be made on www.vietjetair.com from September 9-11. The airline is targeting 600,000 passengers on the four new routes by the end of the year. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-07

VietJet Air will have to make some improvements to their website if they are serious about being competative. The other day I tried to book and pay online for 2 return tickets BKK - Hanoi in October. There were so many questions & details to fill in with their online form then when I went ahead to pay they reject my TGF's Visa card, which we have used half a dozen times before to pay for AirAsia flights. I then tried to pay VietJet Air by an alternative payment method and got the message that the flights were now fully booked....which was BS because I checked their site again later.

About 5 minutes after totally giving up with VietJet Air. I booked 2 return tickets BKK - Hanoi with Jetstar, there were fewer questions & details to be put into their online form, the whole booking process was easier & speedy, my TGF's Visa card was accepted within seconds, and the 2 return fares were only a couple hundred THB more than VietJet Air's price.

Be warned!

Vietjet Air is a budget airline with a very much below budget service . This warning comes from my own experience last month and on a number of previous occasions. It has a reputation within Vietnam for being unreliable. Almost always late departures and arrivals. Cancellation of flights without notice, rescheduled flights without advice to passengers and best of all taking passengers to the wrong destination.

It is worth reporting that Vietjet became famous a few years ago for delivering a plane load of passengers to the wrong destination. How that could happen is anyone's guess but they managed to take a plane load of people going to Dalat and deliver them to Nha Trang without the pilots realising. This story is worth a read as it explains how Vietjet first lied to try to cover up their mistake. But like most things the truth will out.

http://avherald.com/h?article=47623856

Vietjet is like a mystery tour. If you don't mid where you end up and what time you get there Vietjet is the airline for you. Thailand has some excitement in store for it with Vietjet.

Their Vietnamese customers are very much price driven and seem to be able to tolerate all that is wrong with an airline. To their credit I will say that Vietjet in-flight staff are always happy, helpful and smiling.

Their aircraft are not always true to label. I was on my last ever Vietjet flight from HCMC to Hanoi last month (VJ158)and was loaded onto some unbranded clapped out old rattle trap of an aircraft with a well worn and dirty interior. It was not painted in the traditional Vietjet colours and logos. It was plain white with some obscure name and numbers on it and to add mystery the Head Flight Attendant was a western lady in some unidentifiable uniform which looked Russian. Weird!

6 minutes ago, TSF said:

VietJet Air will have to make some improvements to their website if they are serious about being competative. The other day I tried to book and pay online for 2 return tickets BKK - Hanoi in October. There were so many questions & details to fill in with their online form then when I went ahead to pay they reject my TGF's Visa card, which we have used half a dozen times before to pay for AirAsia flights. I then tried to pay VietJet Air by an alternative payment method and got the message that the flights were now fully booked....which was BS because I checked their site again later.

About 5 minutes after totally giving up with VietJet Air. I booked 2 return tickets BKK - Hanoi with Jetstar, there were fewer questions & details to be put into their online form, the whole booking process was easier & speedy, my TGF's Visa card was accepted within seconds, and the 2 return fares were only a couple hundred THB more than VietJet Air's price.

You were probably fortunate you could not make the Vietjet's online booking. They are rank (emphasis on rank) amateurs when it comes to their website and the quality of service. Even if you are lucky enough to make a booking online it is impossible to find it again online should you need to check the status of your departure times. That happen to me recently on a flight BKK to Hanoi. Scheduled departure was 2.15pm and I arrived at Suvarnabhumi early at 11.30 am only to find my flight had already left at 10.30am, about 4 hours earlier than scheduled. Once it was proven they did not inform me of the change by SMS or email they condescendingly and without apology re-routed me to Hanoi via HCMC.

I read in the Vietnamese newspapers that the Vietnamese government is aware of Vietjet's famous and regular fallibility but they don't seem to be able to do anything about it.

The other thing they are famous for is delayed departure times which can seriously affect connecting flights and have a big impact on the hip pocket.

Thailand and the Minister are about to find out these shortcomings.

I totally agree with the FOX - Vietjet is probably Asia's worst LCC after Lion Air of Indonesia (Thai Lion is much better, apart from their silly and unique approach to board the aircraft from the wrong end to "save time", when in fact it costs them time).

I believe Vietjet's punctuality rate is near to 0% (and yes I DID fly them several times already)

The Thai website is a joke, and will always end up on their Vietnamese website after you click a few times - I am quite sure the Thai people are not impressed about cheap offers from Nha Trang to Hanoi or being charged VND on Thai domestic flights LOL). Unlike Nok and ThaiLion, they charge extra for luggage, which will be another reason this Airline is destined to fail - it is as unprofessional as it gets and they will learn it the hard way.