Australian DJ jailed for life in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, autanic said:

If you deal illegal drugs, then in my opinion your a low life scumbag, that deserves to spend the rest of their miserable life in a Thai Jail Cell, with other miserable low life scumbags.

When you see what drugs do to young people, I have no sympathy with the offenders at all.  They knew what they were doing was illegal in a Country that has harsh penalties for drug offences.

Idiots on here comparing Smoking and Drinking with taking Ecstasy are you for real.  If a 14 year old has a bottle of Budweiser, then they will get drunk, they will not suffer from organ failure.  If a 14 year old smokes, they might be sick, but not have irreparable brain damage.

When were talking about experimenting as a youngster, the drug apologist come on here and say Alcohol or Smoking should be banned too.  The fact is a 14 years that tries Ecstasy is very dangerous and there are many deaths.

If these two offenders spend the rest of their lives in prison, think of all the people they cannot sell drugs too.  Drug pushers are up there with Pedo's, Rapists and Murderers in my Opinion.

Well done to the Judges for such a correct and appropriate sentence for both of them.

Thank You, a sane man but "Lie to the people and they will embrace you.  Tell them the truth and they will beat you with sticks.

To Hoho Soso.He was seen by the local Ds associating with others who were yabba users.They followed him to the local hospital where I was waiting for him,and did a raid on the car,him and then back to our home,nothing found,taken to local cop shop,urine test,he admitted( I did not know!!!).Arrested,bailed and then sentenced 3 months later

10 hours ago, joeyg said:

Deal hard drugs.  Should be executed.  Now before you jump on me.  Think of how you'd feel if one of your children got addicted or died from his drugs.  That's what I thought...

X is hardly a hard-core drug. This is at the same time they talk of decriminalizing or making legal Meth. A much more dangerous drug. Totally inconsistent. 24 pills, come on that's not a trafficker by anyones definition.

11 minutes ago, MyFrenU said:

It was MDMA that stopped football hooliganism in the UK in the 80s and 90s,as no-one on ecstasy wanted to fight each other anymore,just dance or hug each other instead!

Giving hooligans in the UK anything from lacquer thinner to Agent Orange would only improve their disposition.  https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/mdma-ecstasy-abuse/what-are-effects-mdma

10 hours ago, joeyg said:

Deal hard drugs.  Should be executed.  Now before you jump on me.  Think of how you'd feel if one of your children got addicted or died from his drugs.  That's what I thought...

They used to be executed by firing squad,then changed to lethal injection.Life sentence is the way here now.Think there are only a couple of Thais still on death row.They will only have 2 hrs notice when their day is done

And the majority of posts in this thread actually make my case.  The habitual consumption of illegal drugs is dangerous "and illegal."  The result is serious cognitive and neurological deficits with the potential of irreversible brain damage.  

You boys "knock yourselves out" now.  It's been entertaining albeit in a bit of a sort of perverse way.

I am firmly on everyones side that says the sentence is harsh. But i don't think we can use the "Thais wouldn't have got the same" line. We all know that things are not fairly balanced here from top to bottom, it's part of the deal when you come here, especially if you live here. We all accept it as we can't ever change it.

The lads knew what they were doing, we doing it for a long time, they knew if they got caught they were deep in the soup.

Funny you can run someone down with your car because you sounded your horn, and they didn't move, and get fined, and community service.  Or, raping someone for and get a short sentence.  But, selling some E and getting 2 life sentences~give me a break, or give the guy a break.

4 minutes ago, Redline said:

Funny you can run someone down with your car because you sounded your horn, and they didn't move, and get fined, and community service.  Or, raping someone for and get a short sentence.  But, selling some E and getting 2 life sentences~give me a break, or give the guy a break.

Two wrongs don't make a right.  Are you pro - illegal drugs?

10 hours ago, mercman24 said:

ok i just got to add, kill 9 people and not spend one day in jail, end of.

Someone had to say it.  I guess it had to be you.  This is right up there with blaming the Burmese (sorry, Myanmarese) for every crime. You will start getting complaints too soon

22 minutes ago, joeyg said:

And the majority of posts in this thread actually make my case.  The habitual consumption of illegal drugs is dangerous "and illegal."  The result is serious cognitive and neurological deficits with the potential of irreversible brain damage.  

You boys "knock yourselves out" now.  It's been entertaining albeit in a bit of a sort of perverse way.

You probably still believe in Santa Claus,the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny!

5 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.  Are you pro - illegal drugs?

They should be punished because it is the law, but let the punishment fit the crime.  I mean they are talking about decriminalizing methamphetamine.

10 hours ago, mercman24 said:

one rule for THAI one rule for FARANG, should know, it is written in the statute book, this is a job only THAI can do,

I didn't see any reporting that he was selling the pills. Having a total of 61 would argue against it.  So, I agree with your assessment.  Sounds like he might have bought them here and then got turned in.  I seem to remember a movie made some years ago with the same plot line.

5 minutes ago, Redline said:

They should be punished because it is the law, but let the punishment fit the crime.  I mean they are talking about decriminalizing methamphetamine.

Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes now doesn't it... 

6 minutes ago, Balance said:

I didn't see any reporting that he was selling the pills. Having a total of 61 would argue against it.  So, I agree with your assessment.  Sounds like he might have bought them here and then got turned in.  I seem to remember a movie made some years ago with the same plot line.

1 hour ago, autanic said:

If you deal illegal drugs, then in my opinion your a low life scumbag, that deserves to spend the rest of their miserable life in a Thai Jail Cell, with other miserable low life scumbags.

When you see what drugs do to young people, I have no sympathy with the offenders at all.  They knew what they were doing was illegal in a Country that has harsh penalties for drug offences.

Idiots on here comparing Smoking and Drinking with taking Ecstasy are you for real.  If a 14 year old has a bottle of Budweiser, then they will get drunk, they will not suffer from organ failure.  If a 14 year old smokes, they might be sick, but not have irreparable brain damage.

When were talking about experimenting as a youngster, the drug apologist come on here and say Alcohol or Smoking should be banned too.  The fact is a 14 years that tries Ecstasy is very dangerous and there are many deaths.

If these two offenders spend the rest of their lives in prison, think of all the people they cannot sell drugs too.  Drug pushers are up there with Pedo's, Rapists and Murderers in my Opinion.

Well done to the Judges for such a correct and appropriate sentence for both of them.

I note that you specify that it is the dealing of illegal drugs that you have a problem with. Tell you what, why not do a search on high school shootings or teenage murderers and what were the most common drugs that had been ingested by the killers. Don't think you'll be finding too many mentions of MDMA in the toxicology reports... In fact, you probably won't find many illegal drugs mentioned at all. And yet the "pushers" of the drugs a lot of these kids were on are still walking free, still dishing out their product to other kids... Are you OK with that, because what they are pushing is legal? The big difference here is that typically deaths attributed to MDMA usually involve only the user, unlike what you'll find if you do your research on the above. I'd be interested to hear your views on the subject after you've read up about it. Forget about the legalities - they are clearly laid out in black and white. You applaud the sentences that were handed down in this case - is that because you are a law-abiding citizen who feels that drug enforcement laws must be obeyed? What I would like to know is how you defend or otherwise respond to the pushers of drugs that are deemed legal but may be implicated in a significant number of murders and suicides. Do you also applaud the fact that these pushers are still walking the streets because it also shows that the laws regarding drugs are being upheld?

P.S. If your struggling, try adding the term SSRI to your search...

1 minute ago, jimmybkk said:

I note that you specify that it is the dealing of illegal drugs that you have a problem with. Tell you what, why not do a search on high school shootings or teenage murderers and what were the most common drugs that had been ingested by the killers. Don't think you'll be finding too many mentions of MDMA in the toxicology reports... In fact, you probably won't find many illegal drugs mentioned at all. And yet the "pushers" of the drugs a lot of these kids were on are still walking free, still dishing out their product to other kids... Are you OK with that, because what they are pushing is legal? The big difference here is that typically deaths attributed to MDMA usually involve only the user, unlike what you'll find if you do your research on the above. I'd be interested to hear your views on the subject after you've read up about it. Forget about the legalities - they are clearly laid out in black and white. You applaud the sentences that were handed down in this case - is that because you are a law-abiding citizen who feels that drug enforcement laws must be obeyed? What I would like to know is how you defend or otherwise respond to the pushers of drugs that are deemed legal but may be implicated in a significant number of murders and suicides. Do you also applaud the fact that these pushers are still walking the streets because it also shows that the laws regarding drugs are being upheld?

P.S. If your struggling, try adding the term SSRI to your search...

Add this... 

9 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Add this... 

Uhhmmm... yep, think we've all seen banged up abroad... bad things happen when you contravene the laws of a land. Some people think the sentences were fair enough - question I'm asking is why would you think they were fair enough - is it just because those are the laws of the land? If so then one shouldn't have a problem with kids being handed out SSRI's all the time despite all these violent events that are associated with their usage, such as mass murders at high schools etc...

Edited by jimmybkk