Where to get 8th tourist visa?

Just now, elviajero said:

Not recent, but since then they have stopped double entry visas and don't allow the replacement METV to be purchased locally to Thailand, thereby limiting the ability to stay long term further.

Plenty of people still  stay here longterm on TV's no matter what the so called experts on here think

It is very possible to obtain 3 in Savannakhet and up to 5 in Vientianne not counting surrounding countries, you could very easily get 3-4 years on TV's and then change your Passport and start again, A guy I know has been here over 10 years, the last year have been on TV's and 30 plus 30 border bounces, he expects to get at least another year doing the same thing and that's without going anywhere but Laos for TV's and Cambodia for 30 plus 30

If they really wanted to clamp down the solution would be simple, 1 TV per year allowed in your own country and no more than 1 allowed in a surrounding country

When something like that happens I will believe they are REALLY clamping down, until then ........

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You really are in denial!

I'm sure they have, but I doubt it's an issue yet as the change was made less than a year ago and people won't have had the chance to that collect many visas yet.

It is a workaround! You are recommending that when someone reaches a limit at one Embassy that they move to another.

workaround; a method for overcoming a problem or limitation in a program or system.

Who said it was illegal or breaking the law?

Not in denial, it is not a workaround if you are still issued a visa and still granted entry into Thailand, where is the workaround exactly?

If you can;t get a visa at one place but can in another what is the problem?

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Why is the OP asking where to get his next Tourist Visa.

Answer....because he is exhausting his supply without travelling further and further afield because he is being refused by certain Embassies because they assess he is not a genuine Tourist.

I was never refused a visa - nor even asked for additional documents. Also I don't recall discussing here if/where/how I pay taxes.

I stay here because I can - I don't need to wake up 7am and go to work.

It's up to Thai authorities to decide, not elderly & jealous part of ThaiVisa forum wannabe lawyers.

As already said - if any of the authorities would have problem with that - they would raid the dozens of co working spaces in Thailand. They don't.

Cry as you want, it is the reality. And if you had the skills to earn 6-7 figures while working from laptop anywhere you would do so too.

Thanks to the reasonable part of people here to confirming my question about friendly embassies

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Not in denial, it is not a workaround if you are still issued a visa and still granted entry into Thailand, where is the workaround exactly?

If you can;t get a visa at one place but can in another what is the problem?

The workaround to continue getting visas beyond the limits imposed at each Embassy/Consulate is to trawl around SE Asia and apply elsewhere. No problem because you currently have a workaround to the problem.

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The workaround to continue getting visas beyond the limits imposed at each Embassy/Consulate is to trawl around SE Asia and apply elsewhere. No problem because you currently have a workaround to the problem.

It is not a workaround, it is simply obtaining the maximum amount of visas that are allowed to be issued to you by each Embassy, :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

Plenty of people still  stay here longterm on TV's no matter what the so called experts on here think

It is very possible to obtain 3 in Savannakhet and up to 5 in Vientianne not counting surrounding countries, you could very easily get 3-4 years on TV's and then change your Passport and start again, A guy I know has been here over 10 years, the last year have been on TV's and 30 plus 30 border bounces, he expects to get at least another year doing the same thing and that's without going anywhere but Laos for TV's and Cambodia for 30 plus 30

If they really wanted to clamp down the solution would be simple, 1 TV per year allowed in your own country and no more than 1 allowed in a surrounding country

When something like that happens I will believe they are REALLY clamping down, until then ........

Past long term perpetual tourists is not in question.

I would be amazed if your mate could stay here for another 10 years using tourist visas because of the changes the MFA/Consular services have already made alone.

They are clamping down, the evidence is indisputable, and I expect with each change a few more perpetual tourists give up. I see it as a numbers game.

Why would they want to make limits like you suggest that would affect genuine regular visitors. It's the ones that don't go home that is the issue.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

Past long term perpetual tourists is not in question.

I would be amazed if your mate could stay here for another 10 years using tourist visas because of the changes the MFA/Consular services have already made alone.

They are clamping down, the evidence is indisputable, and I expect with each change a few more perpetual tourists give up. I see it as a numbers game.

Why would they want to make limits like you suggest that would affect genuine regular visitors. It's the ones that don't go home that is the issue.

If you read my post it says the last 1 year on TV's, it also says he expects to get another year, it doesn't say he expects to get the another 10, only you seem to suggest that it would be difficult to get the next 10 years on TV's and I would probably agree with that

7 hours ago, Ronuk said:

If continually changing a passport in order to reset a visa count isn't a work around,I really don't know what is! :rolleyes:

That definitely is an unintended workaround. I think it only exists because checking back on prior applications using old passports is cumbersome using the systems in place at consulates. The systems may well be upgraded to deal with that eventually.

On consulate hopping for visas, I do not think they want to limit that directly. In fact, I suspect you will be able to get unlimited tourist visas in home country (for most countries) far into the future. They do see perpetual travelers coming frequently to Thailand as OK. What they may or may not end up doing is limiting the ability to enter Thailand and continually live here on tourist entries. My guess is that, excluding Thailand Elite, a crackdown of this nature will eventually come.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cinderella Man said:

I was never refused a visa - nor even asked for additional documents. Also I don't recall discussing here if/where/how I pay taxes.

I stay here because I can - I don't need to wake up 7am and go to work.

It's up to Thai authorities to decide, not elderly & jealous part of ThaiVisa forum wannabe lawyers.

As already said - if any of the authorities would have problem with that - they would raid the dozens of co working spaces in Thailand. They don't.

Cry as you want, it is the reality. And if you had the skills to earn 6-7 figures while working from laptop anywhere you would do so too.

Thanks to the reasonable part of people here to confirming my question about friendly embassies

Thank you for confirming you are abusing the system.

45 minutes ago, Faz said:

Thank you for confirming you are abusing the system.

FYI there is no visas or WP available for DN's and one high ranking Immigration Official has said in a interview which can easily be found with a simple search that Immigration have no problem with DN's

You are saying he should get a visa that is not possible to obtain for the work he does

He is not abusing the system, he is using the visa options that are available to him

Edited by darrendsd

15 hours ago, darrendsd said:

FYI there is no visas or WP available for DN's and one high ranking Immigration Official has said in a interview which can easily be found with a simple search that Immigration have no problem with DN's

You are saying he should get a visa that is not possible to obtain for the work he does

He is not abusing the system, he is using the visa options that are available to him

If a visa/permit doesn't exist for something any of us want to do then it means you cant do it.

The reason the "one high ranking official" said that DN's can work if entering as a tourist is because they cannot discriminate and don't want to stop tourists from keeping up with their work/business whilst on holiday. I suspect that if the same officer were asked if it was ok for someone to live here for months/years using tourist visas, whilst operating their business, it would be a different answer.

Edited by elviajero

16 hours ago, darrendsd said:

If you read my post it says the last 1 year on TV's, it also says he expects to get another year, it doesn't say he expects to get the another 10, only you seem to suggest that it would be difficult to get the next 10 years on TV's and I would probably agree with that

My apologise, I misread your post. I'm not sure that someone having stayed here only 1 year on TV's is worth mentioning.

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

My apologise, I misread your post. I'm not sure that someone having stayed here only 1 year on TV's is worth mentioning.

And it seems you have misread my post numerous times

He has been here for 10 years, the last year of that 10 years has been on TV's

So just to make it a little easier for you to understand, that would be 9 years on various other visas and 1 year (the last year) on TV's

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Edited by darrendsd