Air Asia management says crew volunteered to prostrate before a passenger to apologize her

webfact

the only thing  Tony Fernandez  cares about is money.  followed some discussion forums by so called aa staff and they were not very happy about the way they are treated. similar to the no frills passenger treatment and it seemed the only staff with decent job were the plane captains.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mangkorndang said:

You ever want an indication of how an organisation truthfully views its customers see how they treat their employees.

Air Asia is quietly infamous for the treatments of its employees including payment, work place conditions and requirements.   It specifically recruits from places where individuals are desperate to get into the airline industry.

Don't think there is areas where individuals are desperate to get a Airline Job. They do as all other Asian Airlines plus Norwegian Air recruits staff from countries where unemployment is high and salaries low. This is also the way cruise lines recruits their staff. When it comes to treatment of crew, payment, conditions it's not only at Air Asia this is a problem also with easy jet, Ryan air, and the gulf airlines like Emirates treat onboard staff terrible. When it comes to pay no cabin crew makes good money expect the EU and US airlines that have strong unions. This is the reason why the US airlines are against Norwegian Air since they are using a lot of Asian Crew. When it comes to requirements they are the same for all international Airlines. That's why some Asian Airlines had problems in resent years.

4 minutes ago, timber said:

Tony Fernandez , isn't he the CEO who wrote a book on kicking people when they are down, or inferior in status.

No, he's not and in fact his record is rather good on PR matters.The fact that he got involved in this case suggests he has sniffed out trouble.I am sure he understands that this incident (remember that nutty Korean case a few years ago) has the potential to harm the company's reputation.And to be clear I am talking about the Air Asia Thai manager's instruction to the stewardess to prostrate herself.This is what sometimes happen when Thai craziness is given free reign.Domestically there is little that can be done.In an international context it needs to be slapped down.

Fernandez is a decent CEO.He reminds me a little of the former BA Chairman Lord King who was travelling back to London from NY.Somehow he got to hear a paying First Class passenger had been bumped down to Economy.He immediately exchanged his own First Class seat and travelled Economy to the UK .It's a mindset that high level TG executives could not begin to understand.The concept of a Thai employee giving up a First Class seat to a paying passenger is something that they simply could not process.It would be so unthinkable as to defy reason.

1 hour ago, Michael8511 said:

Don't think there is areas where individuals are desperate to get a Airline Job. They do as all other Asian Airlines plus Norwegian Air recruits staff from countries where unemployment is high and salaries low. This is also the way cruise lines recruits their staff. When it comes to treatment of crew, payment, conditions it's not only at Air Asia this is a problem also with easy jet, Ryan air, and the gulf airlines like Emirates treat onboard staff terrible. When it comes to pay no cabin crew makes good money expect the EU and US airlines that have strong unions. This is the reason why the US airlines are against Norwegian Air since they are using a lot of Asian Crew. When it comes to requirements they are the same for all international Airlines. That's why some Asian Airlines had problems in resent years.

I guess you are Nowegian since you know so much about that company.Guess what:They pay their thai staff from 18000 Nok a month and the workscedule is 6 to 8 longflights(Bkk-Osl) a month.That would be 12 to 16 workdays a month.That is over 70 000 Tbt a month.Not bad for a thai I would say.How I know.I helped a friend get a job with them.I am a nobody,but a phonecall does help.

Personaly I dont use the company but to say they underpay is wrong.

Wonder what the AirAsia crew did when the Captain entered the wrong coordinates into the flight computer at Sydney and ended up in Melbourne, the flight was to KL Malaysia, flight deck ignored alarms before take off , then tried to rectify the problem in flight, couldn't return to Sydney because of weather, so they did Melbourne , makes you feel safe don't it. 

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

BA is UK's National Carrier; the flagship of the country.  But it has become a budget airline recently though you couldn't tell from their prices.

Flown both BA and air Asia. BA is light years ahead of AA. No comparison at all.  

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Work place bullying.  Try doing this in a civilised and developed country and the company will be paying millions in compensation.  I guess the management will turn up for a publicity stunt photo and all will be forgiven

There is only one "civilized and developed" country where there would be a million dollar lawsuit while the rest of the world looks down on their legal system as something ludicrously backward in thinking.

5 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

I guess you are Nowegian since you know so much about that company.Guess what:They pay their thai staff from 18000 Nok a month and the workscedule is 6 to 8 longflights(Bkk-Osl) a month.That would be 12 to 16 workdays a month.That is over 70 000 Tbt a month.Not bad for a thai I would say.How I know.I helped a friend get a job with them.I am a nobody,but a phonecall does help.

5 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

One of the reason that US airline unions like to stop Norwegians Irish flagged airliners is that they are using low cost crew. Yes the ฿70.000 is a good salary In Thailand but I'm not only talking about the Thai crew, there is a lot of complaints from European and US crew about Norwegians pay. 

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

The flight attendent was wearing a uniform......would'nt that place them on a pedestal above the passengers!

Does'nt everyone here kowtow to a uniform?

Flight attendant uniforms don't matter. No different from a hotel staff uniform.

19 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

There is only one "civilized and developed" country where there would be a million dollar lawsuit while the rest of the world looks down on their legal system as something ludicrously backward in thinking.

Nah, this is ludicrously backward

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/941353-dane-remains-imprisoned-in-thailand/

Edited by Bluespunk

4 hours ago, digibum said:

Unlike most airline CEOs who will jump right on the phone with anybody who calls.  

its almost impossible these days to even e mail them, they always have that "very helpful" Q&A section

22 minutes ago, moe666 said:

It is a crap airline, I will not and will never fly them

I guess you dont need to if you are retiered and stay in the same place.Sometimes you dont have any other options.

I prefeer Thai since Im a gold member but to some locations air asia is the only thing that fly.

Stay the <deleted> away from Lion Air at least.I payed 5 times the ticket price from Bk to Udon Thani for 16 kilo overweight.Just because I missed my Thai-smile flight.That will not happen again.

Same price as a god damn taxi.

Edited by Odin Norway

4 hours ago, digibum said:

Unlike most airline CEOs who will jump right on the phone with anybody who calls.  

Just as an aside from the litigation capital of the world, I have had great success at getting CEOs to crawl out from under their desks by simply naming them as a defendant in a small claims court action. Their attorneys have to respond, and the CEO has to answer your questions. Done it quite a few times, and as a matter of fact I'm about to put the feet of a vice president of CheapoAir/Fareportal to the fire over some abuses and negligence they committed against me, with regard to round trip airfare refunds (yes, to Thailand and Back). His name is Ruben Bello, and his last communicatiopn to me was to arrogantly declare that he would be happy to show up in court and contest my action. Little did he know that he will be forced to appear in MY state's court, Connecticut, or to negotiate. . But obviously Thailand is not a place where you can do such things. But I feel so bad for this woman. Doesn't anyone have a video of this?

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

Work place bullying.  Try doing this in a civilised and developed country and the company will be paying millions in compensation.  I guess the management will turn up for a publicity stunt photo and all will be forgiven

what is Air Asia getting up to. you cannot let staff be treated this  demeaning way.

1 minute ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Just as an aside from the litigation capital of the world, I have had great success at getting CEOs to crawl out from under their desks by simply naming them as a defendant in a small claims court action. Their attorneys have to respond, and the CEO has to answer your questions. Done it quite a few times, and as a matter of fact I'm about to put the feet of a vice president of CheapoAir/Fareportal to the fire over some abuses and negligence they committed against me, with regard to round trip airfare refunds (yes, to Thailand and Back). His name is Ruben Bello, and his last communicatiopn to me was to arrogantly declare that he would be happy to show up in court and contest my action. Little did he know that he will be forced to appear in MY state's court, Connecticut, or to negotiate. . But obviously Thailand is not a place where you can do such things. But I feel so bad for this woman. Doesn't anyone have a video of this?

Only in the US right.With youre own World series kept inside the country.haha.

No Im not making jokes of the country ,but some things over there is just hilarious.

6 hours ago, autanic said:

So in short let me get this straight.

A passenger has an Autistic Daughter.

A member of the crew offered her help.

The passenger flew into a rage because she thought she was being mocked.

As an apology the passenger wanted the crew member to prostrate herself, for having the audacity for doing her job, by lending assistance.

The crew member felt pressured to prostate herself.

OK, so let this be a lesson to everyone - No good deed goes unpunished. 

there must have been immense misunderstanding along the way. the head of the cabin crew has to be equally blamed for not showing leadership in times of a crisis.

I guess you dont need to if you are retiered and stay in the same place.Sometimes you dont have any other options.

I prefeer Thai since Im a gold member but to some locations air asia is the only thing that fly.

Stay the <deleted> away from Lion Air at least.I payed 5 times the ticket price from Bk to Udon Thani for 16 kilo overweight.Just because I missed my Thai-smile flight.That will not happen again.

Same price as a god damn taxi.

Try scoot. I was forced to pay $4xx to complete an incomplete name on my tix. Same flight. Same passport number. Same birthday. Same credit card number. The tix cost me $90 originally. Naturally i took another flight for $263. Thats for sg to bkk. Stay away from scoot. They rip u if they can. They certainly try to rip me.

6 hours ago, autanic said:

She was in an impossible position and should have been able to enjoy the unequivocal support of her management.

she was not in an impossible situation. her crew members should have stood up for her and if necessary, roped in the captain to sort the matter out.

Just now, sahibji said:

she was not in an impossible situation. her crew members should have stood up for her and if necessary, roped in the captain to sort the matter out.

The situation as I read it didn't' appear to manifest itself until the aircraft landed and the passenger complained to management.