Yingluck voices strong opposition to using Section 44 to demand civil compensation

webfact

5 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Big brother is head of the family so she could try the Nuremberg Defence although it didn't work out too well for some.

Bit late to try that one as she said on more than one occasion that she was the one in charge, making the decisions etc.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

But wasn't the election slogan "Thaksin Thinks, Puea Thai Acts"? :lol:

Politicians have a habit of saying something then forgetting what they've said , conveniently or otherwise,  but of course nowadays with video and computerized records it harder for them to wriggle out of things except in countries where the media is controlled to one extent or another .

Look what YL and her party have got themselves into with the ' Thaksin thinks ... ' slogan then YL absolutely adamant she was the PM and not her brother's puppet so as Bareboxer said she doesn't have much of a defence to now claim she was under her brother's total control BUT TIT.

It's not just for the loss of money... It's to whom the most money went. The farmers got SOME of the money but in the end most went to rice mills and other companies connected to Yinglucks family and family friends.

As one of my friends say " Dr. Thaksin is the smartest Thai alive, but he has used that only for his own gains and not to help the Thai people!". My friend know Yingluck and Thaksin personally l, he and Thaksin where MPs for the same political party before Thaksin became PM (my friend changed to the democrat party)!

9 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

It's not just for the loss of money... It's to whom the most money went. The farmers got SOME of the money but in the end most went to rice mills and other companies connected to Yinglucks family and family friends.

As one of my friends say " Dr. Thaksin is the smartest Thai alive, but he has used that only for his own gains and not to help the Thai people!". My friend know Yingluck and Thaksin personally l, he and Thaksin where MPs for the same political party before Thaksin became PM (my friend changed to the democrat party)!

I think the cash was sprayed around far wider than this - including - shock horror - to many linked with this 'lot'. That's probably why so few middlemen have been prosecuted (at least publicly), because it would be embarrassing.

Still, I'm all for high profile corruption prosecutions and eagerly await developments on the bomb scanners and the blimp airship.

1 hour ago, sharecropper said:

I know, but here I am talking about the more rabid comments suggesting she be prosecuted for the obviously criminal conspiracy over the fake rice deals, and her lack of mens rea.

Read the excellent article by Veera in the Bangkok Post called "Weevils in the rice".  Sadly, we can post links here.

2 hours ago, sharecropper said:

I know, but here I am talking about the more rabid comments suggesting she be prosecuted for the obviously criminal conspiracy over the fake rice deals, and her lack of mens rea.

So the head of the government and the rice policy committee didn't know that her brother's cronies owned the companies that were being awarded contracts without bidding, or that they were making huge profits on these deals, while her policy was making an even bigger loss? Just how stupid can a person be when they hold 2 degrees?

1 minute ago, halloween said:

So the head of the government and the rice policy committee didn't know that her brother's cronies owned the companies that were being awarded contracts without bidding, or that they were making huge profits on these deals, while her policy was making an even bigger loss? Just how stupid can a person be when they hold 2 degrees?

Impossible for her not to know as it was her brother's idea in the first place!  Those involved should pay the price.