Why a trip to your 7-11 could result in your violent and tortuous death from rabies

webfact

On 10/9/2559 at 8:09 AM, futsukayoi said:

Those percentages are absolute rubbish.  In one case what they actually mean is that about half of the dogs which were thought to have rabies actually did.  I would guess 99% or more  would not be thought to have rabies.

That's what I said dude !

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10 September 2016 at 8:09 AM, futsukayoi said:

Those percentages are absolute rubbish.  In one case what they actually mean is that about half of the dogs which were thought to have rabies actually did.  I would guess 99% or more  would not be thought to have rabies.

So going on your figures, only 1% have rabies, and there are 730,000 abanded dogs which means 7,300 dogs have rabies, acceptable?

7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Why move to a country and then insist that those things you don't like should be removed, despite the opinion of the population of the country???

This is not about having things removed which one doesn't like, it's about ones safety and health.

I wonder where you live, but my guess is in a city, so try to take a hike into the countryside.

Once you're off the main roads it's really getting disastrous about the amount of dogs on the street.

I live only 10km outside Pattaya, and there are lots of dogs roaming the streets here. My kid was once bitten when riding his bicycle, and is now probably scared of dogs for the rest of his life, and it cost me a few quid for all the injections.

Was it necessary to have those injections? I don't know.

Did I want to take the risk? No way Jose.

Do I want a repeat of it? You can guess my answer.

The veterinarian said correctly that "kind people" are the source of the problem that sees more and more strays on the streets of Thailand.

Frightening is, that in and around Pattaya and Rayong there are dozens of "unbusy" bored alien retiree residents following in these Thai footsteps.

Some cook upto 40 kgs of dog food daily for those canine, go over the moon that in Sakorn Nakorn dog meat is on sale while complaining over piles manure and tilted garbage bins. The same jury verdicting over Northeastern meat choice has no problem munching on meats of other origin (chicken, pork etc.) but once it comes to stray street dogs the brain function goes into crazy overdrive. Pathetic! 

16 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The veterinarian said correctly that "kind people" are the source of the problem that sees more and more strays on the streets of Thailand.

Frightening is, that in and around Pattaya and Rayong there are dozens of "unbusy" bored alien retiree residents following in these Thai footsteps.

Some cook upto 40 kgs of dog food daily for those canine, go over the moon that in Sakorn Nakorn dog meat is on sale while complaining over piles manure and tilted garbage bins. The same jury verdicting over Northeastern meat choice has no problem munching on meats of other origin (chicken, pork etc.) but once it comes to stray street dogs the brain function goes into crazy overdrive. Pathetic! 

Yes i also know farangs who "take care" of soidogs but they won't take them inhouse...only feed them on the street in the moobaan. They even put collars around the necks of the dogs.

I've seen one of those dogs rape the dog of my neighbour IN his own garden, it opened his gate and the dog was pregnant from that. When i told him about it he had no reply at all...what a sad figure he is.

Last night at Impact MuangThong Thanii i saw the most ugly soidog ever...it was trying to get into a fair but was refused.

It walked on 3 legs, one was broken , it looked very very skinny, had almost no fur left, could barely walk and looked more dead than alive.

I wanted to make a picture to show you guys but guess you've seen plenty of them as well. If i had a gun i would relieve the animal out of it's misery...what a shame for a budhist country to treat animals like that.

The first one we took off the street looked like in the pic. Eventually he turned into the one shown in my avatar. Quite often recovery does not take long in the right environment. Hence, don't shoot him, treat him. Proper behavior in a Buddhist country. Therefore, the dog's name is also Bunmi. :rolleyes:

Buhn2.gif

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Maybe he's training to become a politician, you know, those who blames the existence of poor or the less advantaged in some way, by blaming it all to the ones helping them out, it really says a lot about him or the people who listen to his guidance.....

Some cook upto 40 kgs of dog food daily for those canine, go over the moon that in Sakorn Nakorn dog meat is on sale while complaining over piles manure and tilted garbage bins. 

Bloody aliens, coming over here and stealing all our show!

Why do they take all attention away from us busy whoremongering and getting drunk on the bar stools, so we can eventually get started one of those glorious fist fights with no rules??? How disgusting these well wishers really are?!....sorry chaps i got to catch my baht's bus to the brothel, c ya later on TV...ohh and maybe (just maybe), the garbage's bins are getting tilted because someone was scavenging for food? Naaa, really? Can't be that

in Sakorn Nakorn dog meat is on sale while complaining over piles manure and tilted garbage bins. The same jury verdicting over Northeastern meat choice has no problem munching on meats of other origin (chicken, pork etc.) but once it comes to stray street dogs the brain function goes into crazy overdrive. Pathetic! 

Same here, sometime i really wonder why people should have issue slicing up a few steaks from people as you, aren't you made of meat too? How pathetic!!!

No TV member was hurt or it will ever be during the preparation of this comment, it might contain some nuts, if you are allergic to it, please skip this post and keep reading other comments instead.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

If i had a gun i would relieve the animal out of it's misery...what a shame for a budhist country to treat animals like that.

I feel you bro!, if i had it too, i would feel so tempted to relieve humanity of such a shame, as i don't really want to be compared to such elements on society, how miserable, but then the brain takes over, and let me tolerates even those without compassion

I used to feel the same way but after living here 15 years I am not sure if shooting  the dog is your way of trying to relieve youself of the psychological misery/guilt first?

America and Thailand have such extremes on street dog/ stray management that the answer is in the middle...

over a million dogs a year are put a to  death via animal shelters. I believe the average animal shelter has a 10% or less adoption rate. And these are healthy animals for the most part..what drives the policy? Convenience? Is that a compassionate philosophy?

and with Thailand, their policy is no death sentence and let natural selection and human involvement (feeding) determine their outcome and fate...a lot of cruelty in that as well...

the answer is prevention meaning aggressive spading and neutering programs in Thailand...the sheer # of soi dogs is more of the problem than soi dogs per se...

and in america,  emphasis should be on caring for pets for life, much more aggressive adoption strategies and programs, more community responsibility in addition to birth prevention programs....ridiculous that many dogs ( healthy, lost, abandoned) are being put to sleep after 14 days in the shelter....

this guy is a tool. What has feeding a soi dog got to do with the problem. Blame the government you idiot. They dont promote the de-sexing of the dogs to the general population. The thais need to be educated and guided towards taking their dogs to the vets and the local councils dont do it either. Its got nothing to do with feeding the dogs. 

It boils down to some have compassion towards animals (apart from humans/their own pets/animals that don't annoy them in some way)-  and others don't.

Nonetheless, we're living in Thailand and most Thais don't want to kill soi dogs and rarely have a problem with them.

Many farangs on the other hand, feel differently and are certain that their values on this subject should be imposed on the Thais.....

23 minutes ago, mic59 said:

Just first aid? No, but I did not say that, I had myself checked at a hospital as well. 

Well let me say immediately mic59 I am pleased to see you are not pushing up the daisies just yet

I had forgotten all about this thread to be honest

Ok so my post was a throw away comment as most of my posts are 

I am sure you put your health and well being to the fore when you need to

When you are alive you need several tests to diagnose  if you have rabies or not no one test will hack it

They include skin tests, serum test, neck hair tests, saliva tests no problem there with Chinese patients 

Also spinal fluid now I dont know but I suspect that means a Lumber puncture

I have had two of those mic59 and let me tell you I now laugh at the sight of a dentist and his silly little needle not that I have to make many visits to the dentist these days

Rabies cannot be detected in the blood unfortunately so a easy blood test is a non starter

Its easy if you are dead they just rip your head off, scoop some brain out because thats where all the nasty bits hang out and then test that

If you were infected with rabies it will be detected as the test is 100% guaranteed correct every time

Anyway I am off to walk the dog 5555555555555

I am joking

Stay safe