Jomtien condo monthly rental

tucker4444

Hi all

I'm arriving into Thailand on the 12th December and will stay 60 days and then leave Thailand for a week and return for another 60 days,

I'm looking for an apartment or condo for approx. 9000 to 10.000 Baht a month.Preferably in the Jomtien beach area

I have seen quite a few websites offering prices very close to what I'm after,  but I'm reluctant to send money to a website I know nothing about.

All information and help would be most appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Lumpini Seaview at the southern end of Jomtien Beach has small condos in that price range and they have a rental office to handle condo rentals for the owners. It's  a newer complex with a nice pool, gym, garage parking, library with free wi-fi, 2 laundry rooms with washers and dryers, and good security.  Should have rooms available and you can wait and rent one once you are here and can see the room choices in person.

View talay 1 and 2 have condos in that range if you arrive here and take a hotel for 2-3 nights and walk around, a lot of condo owners can't rent out now so they are willing to go down specially since you will rent for 120 days. It will be high season but still don't mean you can't find anything that price range.

On 10/09/2016 at 3:25 AM, returnofthailand said:

Paul, u don't need to send money. just go a few days in a hotel and look around. plenty of condo you can visit in a day. I would rent a scooter.

What about the fact that rental scooters have almost no insurance - or doesn't that matter ??

Rental bike insurance cover:

Damage to the actual rental bike - cover -  Nil

Damage to Third party cars / motor bikes - Cover -  Nil

Damage to Third party property - Cover - Nil

Injury to third parties - Cover - maximum of 30,000 b  (circa 6,000 quid if you are a Brit)....

So you're on your rental scooter and you pull out of a side soi not seeing the approaching Mercedes, who clips you, then looses control and hits an electrical post... .

Car badly damaged and written off, both driver and passanger injured...Vehicle write off value vehicle say 2.5m Baht....Injury claim from Driver and his hi-so missus - 10M Baht.

Electrical pole needs to replaced and wired back in - circa 250,000 Baht.

Damage to the actual rental bike - say 10,000 Baht

Maximum cover under the rental bike policy is 30,000 Baht

They've got your passport number and will block you leaving for home until every one is paid...

Your in the s  hite ...

Now you know the facts - You decide ....

Jomtien Beach Condo will have condos in your price range. It is on Beach road with plenty of baht buses passing by,  so renting a bike is up to you. Don't think you will get View Talay at the high season, for your price range. They are normally 15 to 20 k per month at the busy season. 

5 hours ago, properperson said:

What about the fact that rental scooters have almost no insurance - or doesn't that matter ??

Rental bike insurance cover:

Damage to the actual rental bike - cover -  Nil

Damage to Third party cars / motor bikes - Cover -  Nil

Damage to Third party property - Cover - Nil

Injury to third parties - Cover - maximum of 30,000 b  (circa 6,000 quid if you are a Brit)....

So you're on your rental scooter and you pull out of a side soi not seeing the approaching Mercedes, who clips you, then looses control and hits an electrical post... .

Car badly damaged and written off, both driver and passanger injured...Vehicle write off value vehicle say 2.5m Baht....Injury claim from Driver and his hi-so missus - 10M Baht.

Electrical pole needs to replaced and wired back in - circa 250,000 Baht.

Damage to the actual rental bike - say 10,000 Baht

Maximum cover under the rental bike policy is 30,000 Baht

They've got your passport number and will block you leaving for home until every one is paid...

Your in the s  hite ...

Now you know the facts - You decide ....

if you live your life thinking like this you will likely end up too scared to leave the house :gigglem: 

Apart from that i agree with what all the above said -  rent a hotel for a few nights, there are loads of condos available for rent at the moment, no need to pay in advance.

search for condo rentals in pattaya on the internet and it will give you some idea of whats available. most real estate agents will happily drive you around a few places to look so not completely necessary to rent a motorbike. If the OP wants to send me a message i can happily point you in the direction of someone trustworthy :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, Mojomor said:

Jomtien Beach Condo will have condos in your price range. It is on Beach road with plenty of baht buses passing by,  so renting a bike is up to you. Don't think you will get View Talay at the high season, for your price range. They are normally 15 to 20 k per month at the busy season. 

I second that. VT prices jump dramatically in high season

On September 11, 2016 at 2:18 AM, Missing Troll said:

View talay 1 and 2 have condos in that range if you arrive here and take a hotel for 2-3 nights and walk around, a lot of condo owners can't rent out now so they are willing to go down specially since you will rent for 120 days. It will be high season but still don't mean you can't find anything that price range.

Unlikely to get a condo in VT1&2 for 9-10,000 in peak season. My last place in VT2 was a studio on a yearly lease for 12,000. Last year high season started slow but really picked up after New Year. Some owners only get renters in high season and will not be giving big discounts.

If you visit  Suan Lalana resort in soi Chaiyapruek , they always have plenty of empty studio rooms. 40 sqm, starts from 7000 baht short term . Also 2 nice swimming pools there. SHould be no problem to rent , even during high season. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:36 AM, balo said:

If you visit  Suan Lalana resort in soi Chaiyapruek , they always have plenty of empty studio rooms. 40 sqm, starts from 7000 baht short term . Also 2 nice swimming pools there. SHould be no problem to rent , even during high season. 

Thanks for info, ive tried to find a website for this resort but to no avail. best wishes Paul 

On 9/20/2016 at 4:36 PM, balo said:

Cheapest I can find for that place is 18k a month in high season.

1 hour ago, tucker4444 said:

Thanks for info, ive tried to find a website for this resort but to no avail. best wishes Paul 

Thats because its not a resort, it a condominium.

12 hours ago, tucker4444 said:

Do you have any more condos to rent Roger

No I don't personally but there are always condos for rent here.  Just a quick look up and you'll see numerous signs advertising for rent and sale.  There is a cheap place to rent over by the  Hanuman statue, pretty much a saturated market.

Try the ads on this website and also http://www.bahtsold.com/ , no shortage of inexpensive condos for rent.

Edited by Roger Lee

Hi all  I've been in contact with this site http://www.expat-condos.com/ has anyone else ever use this website .. the guy I've been speaking too is an English man and wants me too transfer 10.000 baht into his Uk or Thai  bank account as a deposit for reservation of a condo thoughts ?

I've spoken with that guy in the past. He was nearly double the price I ended up getting in view talay jomtien.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, tucker4444 said:

Hi all  I've been in contact with this site http://www.expat-condos.com/ has anyone else ever use this website .. the guy I've been speaking too is an English man and wants me too transfer 10.000 baht into his Uk or Thai  bank account as a deposit for reservation of a condo thoughts ?

Go to Jomtien and ask in the condo offices. You will get a much better deal.

Book a couple of nights in a cheap hotel / guesthouse.

Simple Simon, the Windmill, Rich Man Poor Man come to mind, although I'm sure posters can give you many others.

Get a motor bike from Expat car hire, on Thappraya Rd, opposite Thepprasit Rd, they have insurance.

I agree, there's no point in booking long term rentals from websites. You will always get a better deal looking in the area yourself. But if money is no problem , up to you. 

5 hours ago, balo said:

I agree, there's no point in booking long term rentals from websites. You will always get a better deal looking in the area yourself. But if money is no problem , up to you. 

even more convincing when you pull out a wad of 1000 baht notes and wave it under their nose to show you're willing to pay a deposit if the deal is competitive enough:giggle:

Paradise Park, ParkLane and Amazon, are all in the same little soi off soi Whatboon. Lots of 10k a month 1 Br condos for rent. Lots have phone number in the window or balcony. You basically rent access to a giant swimming pool, airconn gym and get a condo in the deal.

Paradise Park, ParkLane and Amazon, are all in the same little soi off soi Whatboon. Lots of 10k a month 1 Br condos for rent. Lots have phone number in the window or balcony. You basically rent access to a giant swimming pool, airconn gym and get a condo in the deal.

That's right, I sold one of the units in Paradise Park. Half of them are empty, the going rental rate for a 6 month contract is 10k + electricity/water. Maybe a bit more expensive than other places but you'll get a big pool and gym.