Adultery

tk47

OK, so you commit adultery - albeit unknowingly - and you are caught.

What are the consequences? What will happen to a farang caught with the wife of a Thai woman ???

Serious answers please ..... I have seen the flaming of others playing the field.

I am curious what is liable to happen to a farang caught in this situation.

Will the husband sue? Will his family lose face BIG time? What about her family? What about her?

Not happened, but I am curious and would appreciate serious input as it is different in other countries.

thx

My thai father-in-law has three mia nois he's collected over the years. I always thought my mother-in-law (the sweetest woman on earth) just sort of accepted it. She never said much about it. One night we were talking with my wife and my mother-in-law suggested that my saying she just accepted it wasn't entirely accurate.

She said I had to take into account that 15 years before she had taken her husband's revolver and shot at him twice in the night as he tried to come home late. I asked her if she was trying to hit him or scare him. She said she really couldn't say.

Anyway, in western families, marriages split up over this kind of stuff. Here in Thailand, people are very adept at living in the same house with people they have come to have a very low level of respect. It can go on for decades or lifetimes. When the trust is broken there is no love. In the west we refuse to live with those we don't respect. We respect few. Most of us live alone. Sorry for the generalizations, I know.

chances are the wife will get the worst of it.

he will beat her to a pulp, she will suffer massive loss of face, both physically and socially.

And sadly, that's prob the "best" of a BAAAAADD set of answers.

It digresses from their to guns, threats, poss outright attempts on you.

Don't go there.

At least not in a town you live in or go to regularly.

What will happen to a farang caught with the wife of a Thai woman ???

:o

OK, so you commit adultery - albeit unknowingly - and you are caught.

How can you commit adultery unknowingly? ..... if you are single, you are not the adulterer.

However, take another man's wife to bed, one of two things will happen..... empty pockets or physical injury (or worse)

What will happen to the wife is completely dependant on how many people know about it.

Considering the incredibly high number of young, attractive Thai women who are not married and are interested in meeting foreign men, it is really in the best interests of foreign men here to form relationships with Thai women who are SINGLE!!

There is no reason to take the risk. Besides, would you want to have a relationship with someone who cheats on her husband? Could you then trust her not to cheat on you?

Considering the incredibly high number of young, attractive Thai women who are not married and are interested in meeting foreign men, it is really in the best interests of foreign men here to form relationships with Thai women who are SINGLE!!

There is no reason to take the risk. Besides, would you want to have a relationship with someone who cheats on her husband? Could you then trust her not to cheat on you?

You are presuming that the facts of a woman's status are know to the man having an affair with her. From what I have seen living in LOS, the women are not very forthcoming about any truthful information about their present situation or past history. Deception and concealment are common traits. Unless you have close hand knowledge about her friends and associates and live in the same area, etc, etc you will have no way of knowing what's real & what's not.

What are the consequences? What will happen to a farang caught with the wife of a Thai woman ???

Being chased by a tom-boy doesn't sound such a great proposition :o

This is true. Women are more likely to shoot. You are probably better not taking the wife of a Thai women and instead going for the wife of a Thai man. That might not work out much better though.

You are presuming that the facts of a woman's status are know to the man having an affair with her. From what I have seen living in LOS, the women are not very forthcoming about any truthful information about their present situation or past history. Deception and concealment are common traits. Unless you have close hand knowledge about her friends and associates and live in the same area, etc, etc you will have no way of knowing what's real & what's not.

agreed. :o

I used to know a (married) Thai man who enjoyed seducing married Thai women, often the wives of his relatives. Or the wives of his wife's relatives.

He was shot 10 times and his body left in the road where it fell.

That is what can happen to a man who goes for married Thai women.

My thai father-in-law has three mia nois he's collected over the years. I always thought my mother-in-law (the sweetest woman on earth) just sort of accepted it. She never said much about it. One night we were talking with my wife and my mother-in-law suggested that my saying she just accepted it wasn't entirely accurate.

She said I had to take into account that 15 years before she had taken her husband's revolver and shot at him twice in the night as he tried to come home late. I asked her if she was trying to hit him or scare him. She said she really couldn't say.

Anyway, in western families, marriages split up over this kind of stuff. Here in Thailand, people are very adept at living in the same house with people they have come to have a very low level of respect. It can go on for decades or lifetimes. When the trust is broken there is no love. In the west we refuse to live with those we don't respect. We respect few. Most of us live alone. Sorry for the generalizations, I know.

What a great post. You capture the intense emotions, and their deadening.

As a counterpoint, for the sake of it, some couples find some invigoration with trysts.

I used to know a (married) Thai man who enjoyed seducing married Thai women, often the wives of his relatives. Or the wives of his wife's relatives.

He was shot 10 times and his body left in the road where it fell.

That is what can happen to a man who goes for married Thai women.

he was still in one piece?? everything still attached? :o yeah i would not fool with another guys wife or girlfriend espacially in thailand. go for the single girls.

chok dee :D

post-14735-1164469351_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine had a young platonic female friend, who had an affair with a guy, who was married. One day they sat in front of a 7-11 talking. Suddenly the husband's wife showed up and shot this girl point blank in the head. The girl died instantly, the wife was sentenced to life imprisonment.

It is my view that men and women often do not tell the truth about being maried if they feel they are going to have sexual relations with a member of the opposite sex so why should Thais be any different?

As has been said - unless you know the person well and of her situation, how will you know she is married?

My original post was simply to try to find out what would be the consequences of having a relationship with a married woman. I notice the usual posts about violence and death and realise this will sometimes happen.

Farang meets Thai lady, they have a relationship, she lies about being married so the man has no idea. Isn't she also to blame? Maybe the husband does not care?

On the other hand I can see the husband could well look upon this as a good opportunity to extract money from the farang.

OK..OK.. Now you take my Wife..

PLEASE !!!!! :o:D

:D

I have known for some ladies to comit adultery with Ferangs with the full knowledge of there husbands, whilst keeping the ferang completely in the dark about there marirtal status etc.

I suppose its one way to pay the mortgage.

MM

this is very true. it has happened a lot in LOS (and more than likely in many other countries, but we are on about LOS here)

It happened to me several years ago. two year long relationship.

The husband used to drink with us, in the guise of a friend.

she... no, don't wanna go into it, but it does happen as the mozzieman said, too.