Best place to buy used scooter

craigt3365

I need to buy a used scooter for occasional use to places near my home.  It's primarily for the live in caregiver's use, to go to the local market and pick up some stuff from time to time.

I don't want to buy new as it will probably sit a fair amount of time and it won't be used much.  I've searched on the classifieds, but haven't had much luck.  I've asked around to some friends, but no luck so far.  I've heard the scooter store on 3rd road and South Pattaya has a pretty good selection.  Any other suggestions? 

My friend got a great deal from the scooter auction in Bangkok, but not sure if they are doing those here any more.

Thanks!

Many 2nd hand scooter shops around, there is a few on Sukhumvit and as OP knows 3rd road and south Pattaya road.

Some of them writes the price on the scooters, some don't, so be careful not ending up paying farang prices.

I think many have been impounded as at least 50% of Thais buys them on finance (guessing) and at some stage couldn't pay anymore but if you get the green book right away you should be okay.

For some odd reason the 2nd hand scooters for sale are not even washed and looks not so nice but just sitting covered in thick dust. If I bough a 2nd hand scooter I would get an oil change done right after purchase.

I knew a guy who bought a used scooter from a private individual.  Something was wrong with the paperwork and he was never able to get the documents properly sorted out.  A real mess.  From what I understand, places like Mityon do this for you???

I'll go by that place on South Pattaya Road on Tuesday!  Looks great.  Thanks!!!!!!!

On 9/11/2016 at 10:23 AM, joepattaya1961 said:

You could try Mityon at South Pattaya Road. 

It's the Mityon service center and they have at least 200 used bikes on display. 

The service center is located opposite South Pattaya Road, Soi 10.

I owe you one!  That place was great.  The staff were wonderful and helped us pick on that I think is a pretty good deal.  Couldn't be happier!  Even got two 100B helmets for free! LOL

:wai2:

14 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

Did they had a price tag on the bikes?

Yes.  Very polite staff also.  Seems prices are higher on bikes they've taken back as they seem to trying to recoup their money.  Makes sense.  The one I got was a trade in.  Great price.  I'll know later, but we got a 2 years insurance policy also, combo warranty.  Covers theft, mechanical problems, licensing, etc.  Again, I'll know the details later today when they drop the bike off.

Archived