Transfering Car Registration

westbounder

You buy it in Chiang Mai - an easy and painless process, with registration of the sale at the CM Land Transportation Office.

You then drive it to the Chiang Rai Land Transportation Office and transfer the plates/registration to your Chiang Rai Adress - also easy and simple.  It will require a quick mechanical check at the Chiang Rai Office (usually - unless VERY new).

Thank You for the answer.

I can not go to Chiang Mai because I have no one to take care of my animals if I go.

I must talk with my friend I am buying the car from to see if he can drive it here to Chiang Rai.

He is a nice guy and I think he will help me.

I assume it can be done because people in Thailand move to new locations and for example there are many people from the south or Bangkok who have moved to Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.   I cant imagine that if they sell their car in the future car that they must go back to Bangkok or their original Province to do the transaction.

Just now, westbounder said:

Thank You for the answer.

I can not go to Chiang Mai because I have no one to take care of my animals if I go.

I must talk with my friend I am buying the car from to see if he can drive it here to Chiang Rai.

He is a nice guy and I think he will help me.

I assume it can be done because people in Thailand move to new locations and for example there are many people from the south or Bangkok who have moved to Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.   I cant imagine that if they sell their car in the future car that they must go back to Bangkok or their original Province to do the transaction.

You assume correctly