Phuket Airport new terminal opening this week

backstairs

All I know is the opening ceremony is this Friday 16th.     I have a domestic flight in the evening.  Does anyone know the following

a.   will the check-ins be in the new terminal?

b.   will more car parks be open?

c.    will it be a parking nightmare that day?

d.    should I stay home?

cheers

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

a.  no idea

b.  unlikely

c.  not really as it's only the Chinese flight at the new terminal.

d.  up to you

Where you flying too ?  If not Chinese charter then should not matter to you.

Don't forget, the PM is supposed to be in Phuket that day. Enjoy, should be fun.

Phuket? Thanks! When you pick the Headline from ThaiVisa newsfeed email it does not tell you what forum the post comes from. The browser address does not in this instance. The first post seemed to be a reply rather than a question so i thought i had arrived part way through the story. Please take pity on us and introduce your subject so we are all on the same page. Only takes a few extra words. My 93 yr old mother has this same problem. She starts talking about a subject she has been thinking about for a while but nobody knows what the hell she is talking about. Where mother? When mother? Who mother?

LOL ... JUST A THOUGHT

not a real belly ache, been dealing with Mum for years like this so i should be used to it...haha

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Guess. I'll help you, you're posting in the Phuket forum.

For all the smart people out there. If you receive the daily email from TV and click on the links, you're not immediately aware of the forum, you just read the news. OK, if you wish to scroll to the top and check the forum, then you can. 

3 hours ago, csabo said:

God willing the immigration officers in Phuket and atrocious service by them will be replaced also.

Been in and out of the airport many times the past 10 years and have never had an officer bat an eyeball during any of my countless entries and exits.  Guess Ive just been lucky?   

2 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

For all the smart people out there. If you receive the daily email from TV and click on the links, you're not immediately aware of the forum, you just read the news. OK, if you wish to scroll to the top and check the forum, then you can. 

So if you want to know which airport the topic is about it is easy to just scroll to the top and check.

Was taking off last week going towards the ocean (west).  So we get to the end of the taxiway, hang a right onto the runway, go down a couple hundred meters and make a U-turn before taking off.  I've seen at Ubon and Utapao, but never noticed at Hkt.

How difficult to extend to end of the runway?   More efficient use of main runway and you also wouldn't have the pilot smoking the brakes on landing when the wind shifts and the plane comes in from the west.  Almost got whiplash a few times.

Just saying.

I started this so sorry for not putting PHUKET.  Now.   Does anyone have any idea what is happening this Friday at  PIA?

I also heard that the PM is on the island same day to see if all the roads are done.

If I get to HKT it will be a memorable moment.   

On 9/13/2016 at 6:46 AM, TEFLKrabi said:

Or you can just look at the URL.

On 9/13/2016 at 1:42 PM, 2fishin2 said:

Been in and out of the airport many times the past 10 years and have never had an officer bat an eyeball during any of my countless entries and exits.  Guess Ive just been lucky?   

You have been lucky and I never said a word about passport scrutiny.  Came in a month ago and hundreds of people waited in a huge mass that had no lines and fights breaking out for 2 hours before getting through Immigration.  A 12 year old boy even passed out and had to be rushed through the gates for medical assistance as the room was becoming overheated and extremely claustrophobic.  It was definitely a fire hazard as no one would have escaped in an evacuation which is a legitimate threat in airports these days.  One of the I/Os was shouting at people and kept opening then cutting off access to some of the Immigration desks with rope leaving hundreds of people no option but to shift left causing havoc.  It was the worst traveling experience I have ever been part of.  This was on July 9, if anyone can attest to it they will confirm there has been no exaggeration of the facts.

Went through the new terminal this morning....typical Thai buffoonery. So many things wrong with the airport, I wouldnt know where to begin. Can we say already a pig pen, trash cans overflowing trash allover the floor. Bathrooms dirty, no toilet paper. Customer escalators dont work (employees have their own and naturally they work. Business class lounges for Thai air is a very small roped off area maybe 10 seats right in the middle of the departure lounge. It will be just like the old terminal in 6 months.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

39 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

This might seem a bit dumb but how do you know which terminal to use, I have booked to go to KL and it doesn't say which terminal to use ?

Also, no comments yet on check-in location.  Airport website shows departures out of terminal 1.  Also showing arrivals from terminal 1. 

Bangkok airways says in an announcement that if you're flying them domestically you check in at the old terminal but if you're flying them internationally you check in at the new international terminal. I picked up a friend Friday night on a Jetstar flight from Singapore and that was also what he was told. I am pretty certain that domestic flights = old terminal and international = new one. 

I"m flying to Bangkok in a couple of weeks and will park at HKT. Does anyone know how to park in the new multi-story parking garage and walk to the old terminal? Is there a link/connection from the new terminal and if so, how to find it? 

2 minutes ago, dsingapore said:

<snip>

I"m flying to Bangkok in a couple of weeks and will park at HKT. Does anyone know how to park in the new multi-story parking garage and walk to the old terminal? Is there a link/connection from the new terminal and if so, how to find it? 

I'm guessing that there is still the same free minibus shuttle from multi floor carpark to terminal 1. But I  have to say I often find it quicker to just walk for the 5 minutes.

8 minutes ago, 2fishin2 said:

Parking is at terminal one with a skybridge across to terminal. Yes Terminal one is now exclusively international and 2 domestic

Please clarify - skybridge from carpark to which terminal. I assume terminal 2.

And whatever happened to the terminal X  talked about in the past ? 

7 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Please clarify - skybridge from carpark to which terminal. I assume terminal 2.

And whatever happened to the terminal X  talked about in the past ? 

Turn left at the junction before the turnoff to the airport & on the right side there is another turn into Terminal X which has been there for quite a while now.

28 minutes ago, 2fishin2 said:

Terminal one is international (new) terminal two is domestic (old) parking is in front of terminal one in a multifloor parking garage with skybridges from 2 different floors straight to the terminal. Come on it isnt that difficult to understand

HKT website seems to be out of date.  All departures seem to be out of T1 , domestic and international, except PG flights that say T3.  You a are probably right, but dotting I's and crossing T's has never been a strong point here.

Terminal one is international (new) terminal two is domestic (old) parking is in front of terminal one in a multifloor parking garage with skybridges from 2 different floors straight to the terminal. Come on it isnt that difficult to understand

Are you guys kidding me?

If you go to the Phuket airport website It will tell you all the arrival and departure information.

1 IS INTERNATIONAL

2 IS DOMESTIC.