Upholstery shop in C.M.?

Dean1953

I've got quite a few teak chairs, both at my house in Bosang and in the U.S.  Before. I over to the U.S., I had seat and back cushions made for all of them.  They were a basic canvas off white.  I'll be in C.M. In December for 8 days and would like to get new cushions made, but in a fabric and color that would go better with the color of teak.  Anyplace in the area is fine, but closer to Bosang would be better.  If 8 days isn't enough time to get the cushions made, I'll contact them in advance and have a Thai friend go by to choose the fabric and give measurements.  Thanks!

On August 2, 2011 at 1:54 AM, miltonbentley said:

We recently used a little guy on the river road. Shortly after you pass under Mahidol road he has a little shop on the right about 50 yards before 7-11. The shop front is open and from the chairs and stuff it is quite obvious.

We had all the padding and upholstery replaced on a sofa bed and were very impressed by the quality of the work and the price.

Thanks for the directions, I just had a sofa recushioned and recovered by this shop. The owner's name is Nopi and he couldn't have done a better job. He comes to your home for a consultation, he will pick up and drop off, his prices are very reasonable and he completed the work in less than the quoted time! My old ratty sofa looks catlogue fashionable. He did a superb job! PM me for his #.                                  Anyone know if this guy is still in business at the same location.  A phone number would also be helpful.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Dean1953 said:

Thanks for the directions, I just had a sofa recushioned and recovered by this shop. The owner's name is Nopi and he couldn't have done a better job. He comes to your home for a consultation, he will pick up and drop off, his prices are very reasonable and he completed the work in less than the quoted time! My old ratty sofa looks catlogue fashionable. He did a superb job! PM me for his #.                                  Anyone know if this guy is still in business at the same location.  A phone number would also be helpful.  Thanks!

I've got Nop's number. P.M. me and I'll send it. I think it's against the rules to post telephone numbers.

Come to the house for a consultation? I doubt that. Maybe if you have a lot of furniture to be reupholstered - I don't know. But anyway I also recommend Nop's work. He is a master craftsman and does work on beautiful old furniture from mansions, designer hotels, etc. His detail on the stitching, piping, etc. is first-class. The only thing is that the reason his quotes are not expensive is that unless you insist on the best quality foam, he will use cheap foam. We opted for a grade above the cheap foam and the foam began to sag in only 18 months time. We had him redo the upholstery in our entire home and only wish we had insisted on the best foam. BTW the best foam is considerably more expensive.

You have to purchase your fabric at Kad Luang. He does not sell fabric. He does not speak English as I recall.

Is that the old Lampun road? About how far past Mahidon Rd?

Just to clarify post #2, the whole post, except for the last sentence, was copied from a 2011 post.  I live in the U.S. and won't be back in CM until December.  I would like to get seat and back cushions for 6 teak chairs that I have at my U.S. House and would like to take them back with me in my luggage.  Could he have them ready 7 days after ordering them?  If not, I'll mail them.  

• 4 months later...
On 21/09/2016 at 11:29 AM, Dean1953 said:

Just to clarify post #2, the whole post, except for the last sentence, was copied from a 2011 post.  I live in the U.S. and won't be back in CM until December.  I would like to get seat and back cushions for 6 teak chairs that I have at my U.S. House and would like to take them back with me in my luggage.  Could he have them ready 7 days after ordering them?  If not, I'll mail them.  

I went there today after reading these posts, he has moved from the Padaet or  BarDat shop near Mahidon(l) Road. I have yet to call him but according to neighbours he has moved to Doi Saket area into a larger factory building. 

Archived