Change of company address

Hi all

We've prepped all the piles of paperwork to change a company's address (within the same province). We're moving to a rented place.

Now the revenue department had the idea of also requesting the title deed of the land (neither us or the company have bought the land). Obviously, the owner of the land doesn't give this out stating it's too dangerous - which  I can understand.

When we originally registered the company (3 years ago) nobody asked for the title deed. 

Has anyone done this? Did they just have a bad day again and want to screw with us?

Fan

Edited by Na Fan

3 hours ago, Na Fan said:

Can the land office also confirm who the owner of a certain chunk of land at a given address is? 

Is that public knowledge in Thailand?

Yes they can, and they will. Our company does this often. You have to go to the relevant land office. They have large format maps of the entire district. Tell them the nearest road intersection and they will get the relevant page for you. You then have to get the specific title number from the large format map.

One you have that number, fill in a research form (all in Thai). Get a ticket and wait your turn. The land office will provide you with a copy of the entire chanote and also a print out from the computerised registry.

I don't know what the official fee is, but we end up paying 200-300 baht a time (for central Bangkok). The real price is undoubtedly cheaper but who wants to wait until last in the queue?

15 hours ago, blackcab said:

Do you by any chance know the reference number of the research form - and/or can this form can be downloaded, please?

15 hours ago, blackcab said:

Yes they can, and they will. Our company does this often. You have to go to the relevant land office. They have large format maps of the entire district. Tell them the nearest road intersection and they will get the relevant page for you. You then have to get the specific title number from the large format map.

One you have that number, fill in a research form (all in Thai). Get a ticket and wait your turn. The land office will provide you with a copy of the entire chanote and also a print out from the computerised registry.

I don't know what the official fee is, but we end up paying 200-300 baht a time (for central Bangkok). The real price is undoubtedly cheaper but who wants to wait until last in the queue?

3 hours ago, sendintheclowns said:

Sigh..... i guess, as usual, every office has different rules/interpretations.
I wanted a copy of the land title to the lot next door, at Nakohn Si Thammarat Land office.

''Sorry - cannot''.

another disadvantage to forgetting to marry a Thai wife ;) 

You don't have staff ?

Just sent somebody to the land office and here's what we've been told:

- We can't find the number of the chanote, you need to ask the owner for that

- If you try to get the paper without the owner's permission, you'll go to jail.

6 hours ago, sendintheclowns said:

Sorry, i should have rephrased that:

where can I find a list of the paperwork needed to change a Thai company's registered office address?

Tia.

Contact the DBD in the district you want to change to. Requirements can vary,

4 hours ago, Na Fan said:

Just sent somebody to the land office and here's what we've been told:

- We can't find the number of the chanote, you need to ask the owner for that

- If you try to get the paper without the owner's permission, you'll go to jail.

Why would you want to know the number of the chanote? What you want to find is the number of the plot. You get that from the large format maps. Once you have the plot number, you complete a research form and get the relevant details.

Here is what the large format map will look like (this is just a small section).

Ignore the colour markings - they were added afterwards.

20160915_191216.jpg

Edited by blackcab