webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

He's hardly the poster boy for smiling but he's a great stand up.

Yes your right the smile fairy passed him over. Either that or he forgot which way the bathroom was. I get days like that. Thank Budda for Depends. Its not like years ago when yea ole rectum used to tingle well in advance. My old excretion exit is loosing its elasticity. Opps sorry this this guy always brings out the worst in me. My apologies. 

1 hour ago, HenryPattaya said:

People seem to forget when Bangkok was burning 

Problem is, we also remember who lit the match. By the way, what became of the 'little rascal?' Anyone? Due to an excessive degree of disdain, I cannot bring myself to write the name. 

1 hour ago, waldroj said:

"...Gen Prayut said he was satisfied to have seen smiles on the faces of Thai people...after the military junta could restore peace and order in the country..."

Truly unbelievable observation by this simian sitting in the top of the tree!

With a little modification to the old organisational saying, Thailand can now be likened to a tree full of monkeys...all on different limbs,... at different levels,...some climbing up, and others being pulled down.

The monkeys in the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces looking up at them from below.

But, the reality is that the monkeys on the bottom have to squint as they look up into the sun, and all they can see is <deleted>!

Tree_of_monkeys.jpg

Oh, those below are smiling as they look up, but it is not due to the sun, and the nature of the smiles is what they who are above should most fear.  Smiles of anticipation born of an understanding that positions of power here are temporal, at best. "The first one now, will later be last..."

Goodness me, Is this man really so blind. Just because he uses the press to announce nonsense like this doesn't make it so.

So many people are unhappy about the situation right now, I hear it everywhere. I see empty restaurants, businesses closing down, increase in crime.

This man needs to stop kidding himself and everyone else and get over himself.

Thai people deserve better then this, so much better. Comedy, amateur politics for sure.

2 hours ago, Orac said:

I think the only interesting thing to come out of this mornings 5 hour  drone-athon that i have seen was DPM Tanasak's statement that 17% of Thailands GDP was now coming from tourism which is a fair indication how badly the rest of the economy is doing - unless he was just making figures up off the top of his head that is.

Politicians don't just make up figures, they have minions to do that for them and then take the blame when found out.

Politicians are like frying pans - NON STICK.

19 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Goodness me, Is this man really so blind. Just because he uses the press to announce nonsense like this doesn't make it so.

So many people are unhappy about the situation right now, I hear it everywhere. I see empty restaurants, businesses closing down, increase in crime.

Thai people deserve better then this, so much better. Comedy, amateur politics for sure.

About your first statement ... of course you're right about the fact that printing a phrase or saying it on TV doesn't make it right.

But in effect ... looking around, we see a LOT of people actually taking what the media say for granted ... and 'communication', which most of the time is the polite word for propaganda, is largely - if not entirely - based on the assumption that the 'masses' are very easy to manipulate, precisely because they tend to gobble it all without 'thinking too much' as the Thais would say ...

No later than yesterday (or the day before), on this very Forum, I read a comment by an expat - I assume a British expat - who expressed suprise because a large discrepancy had appeared between what he had read in the Sun ... and reality (or perhaps just another version of it). He started with : 'I don't understand ... the Sun says' ... at which point I fell off my chair with laughter, because obviously a lot of people actually think that the Sun (and its twin the Daily Mirror) are serious newspapers, and that whatever they say can be relied on.

It's bloody scary, is what it is !

Is this  guy serious? I e been living here the last 22 years and the country is just about at its most unhappy and unsmiling point that I have ever seen it. Maybe prayut is confusing seeing people smile with those with indigestion, just like a pained 'smile' (most call it grimace!!), from a baby with colic!

2 hours ago, Orac said:

I think the only interesting thing to come out of this mornings 5 hour  drone-athon that i have seen was DPM Tanasak's statement that 17% of Thailands GDP was now coming from tourism which is a fair indication how badly the rest of the economy is doing - unless he was just making figures up off the top of his head that is.

Why shouldn't Tanasak make things up? All the rest do........................

9 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Is this  guy serious? I e been living here the last 22 years and the country is just about at its most unhappy and unsmiling point that I have ever seen it. Maybe prayut is confusing seeing people smile with those with indigestion, just like a pained 'smile' (most call it grimace!!), from a baby with colic!

Maybe you need to move.

Or, lose that chip off your shoulder Thaksin is not coming back so get over it.

Lots of smiles where I am - and prosperity and development. Roads, houses, schools, hotels, restaurants and coffee shops (obviously) are going up everywhere.

58 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

The man is doing exactly what he was given permission to take undemocratic power for! His backers are "smiling" all the way to the bank - that they also happen to own!

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Interestingly, Alain Juppé, a candidate for the French presidency, has adopted a similar "happy identity" theme for his campaign.

But I believe they have to vote to determine who gets in, and that would be after free and fair campaigning and debate?

4 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Come on gandalf12 He has a Nero complex harmless 

Elgordo38 you are absolutely right, my apologies. I just wonder if he fiddles  (as Nero did)

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Maybe you need to move.

Or, lose that chip off your shoulder Thaksin is not coming back so get over it.

Lots of smiles where I am - and prosperity and development. Roads, houses, schools, hotels, restaurants and coffee shops (obviously) are going up everywhere.

Same as where I am. The only thing is, they are empty.

to fair as much as a tool as he is - and full of himself... and taking power without permission blah blah... he is still the lesser EVIL when it comes to the other alternatives... He did try harder than most to stamp out some of the corruption, hell he even tried to clean up the dire soaps and thai trash on TV. he does have some valid points and i dont think he made a boat load of cash doing dodgy deals and abusing his power... ofcourse i could be wrong... but just wait to see whats coming around the corner after the inevitable monarchy shift that cant be that long away now... hold on to your flip flops Thailand!

38 minutes ago, djlest said:

to fair as much as a tool as he is - and full of himself... and taking power without permission blah blah... he is still the lesser EVIL when it comes to the other alternatives... He did try harder than most to stamp out some of the corruption, hell he even tried to clean up the dire soaps and thai trash on TV. he does have some valid points and i dont think he made a boat load of cash doing dodgy deals and abusing his power... ofcourse i could be wrong... but just wait to see whats coming around the corner after the inevitable monarchy shift that cant be that long away now... hold on to your flip flops Thailand!

I'd have more faith in Prayut's integrity (actually any faith would be an increase) if he subjected himself and the rest of the junta to the same ethics and financial disclosure requirements he expects of politicians. 

" Gen Prayut said he was satisfied to have seen smiles on the faces of Thai people, and to have “Land of Smiles” image returning to the country again after the military junta could restore peace and order in the country."

Smiles on some Thai faces because the police and army have been demanding more protection money lately and of course getting it. So is it peace and order or just heavy control and manipulation?

I can't be the only one that see's the world is going to hell in a hand basket.  Like I've said before the lying politicians, media control and "gutting" of the population by Big Banks that "can do no wrong" going on in America makes what's going on in Thailand look like "Romper Room."

Real smiles are a rare and precious commodity everywhere these days...