webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Falcon said:

Is this  guy serious? I e been living here the last 22 years and the country is just about at its most unhappy and unsmiling point that I have ever seen it. Maybe prayut is confusing seeing people smile with those with indigestion, just like a pained 'smile' (most call it grimace!!), from a baby with colic!

LOL ...

Actually if you've been living here for 22 years, i'm sure you've heard the Thais use the expression 'yim Siam' ... which litterally means Thai smile, but really means 'totally fake and hypocritical smile' ... It's very interesting and revealing that the Thais themselves would joke about it, don't you think ? Revealing of two things : ONE that the famous Thai smile can in fact be many different kinds of smiles, including the most revoltingly hypocritical one, and TWO that Thais have a wonderful sense of self-deprecating humour, which is one of the most subtle kinds ...

just as all Thais assume power... EGO and Face unfortunately blinds their intellects, and this is pretty much across the entire country..
Ive watched the poor become rich and rip into those classes lower than them, just because their social status rose by marrying a foreigner or rich Thai chinese.
And ive witnessed those from higher echelons with higher levels of intellect completely lose themselves in a whirlwind of pride and boastfulness.. 
Honor and dignity is sadly a rarity in Thailand

On 9/15/2016 at 11:03 PM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

He lives in a dream world which is rapidly becoming a nightmare for the rest of us.

I'm sorry you live in a nightmare.  I lived in  one of the most beautiful areas in America for 30 years.  Been coming to Thailand since 1971 and living here for for 2.5 years now.  For me it's great and immigration is "a breeze."  Again sorry you and "the rest" are in a nightmare.  Sounds frightening.

However there is a simple solution.  Good luck!