Getting married

been2cb4

Yes or no depending on when.  If during this period must be done at Embassy or outreach visit. 

Chiang Mai Consular Section Renovation: Visa Services and Non-Emergency U.S. Citizen Services Suspended from September 12 to November 1, 2016

Thank you. I am aware of requirements I just couldn't determine, reading the consulate website, if it could be done in CNX. I only learned this morning that the consulate will be closed until November Surprising as I have been on their website a lot lately. Anyway glad to hear it can be done without going to BKK..

7 hours ago, Sandy Freckle said:

Ah marriage..., I spent a year there one night :wai:

That reminds me;  I went through an expensive and painful procedure 3 years ago; having had my spine and both testicles removed......

...still; some of the wedding presents were fantastic.

All the best.

My wife isn't the laughing girl that I married 32 years ago, but I have no regrets at all. There have been a lot of ups and downs since then and things haven't always been easy.

I love her people, her language, and her country, so that has helped the relationship. What she sees in me, I just don't know. Farang hoo-uh kaang is what I'm often called.

She raised our two daughters in a traditional way while having them educated for careers in the modern world.

They've both turned out very well I'm happy to say.

Good luck to you too.

The Yanks can be problematic,.....but , generally if you marry in a  mainstream 'Christian Church...Anglican etc., it is a recognized marriage by most Western consulates and can bypass numerous obstacles. ....Ken

Love is 'love'......I have married 3 from 3 nationalities.  If you are 30, go for it....if at 60 a gun or a high balcony  is so much cheaper  :-).