80 Germans clash with a group of young asylum-seekers in Bautzen

webfact

On 16/09/2016 at 10:54 AM, Farma said:

Amazing how a few missing words in the euronews article change a readers impression on who threw the bottles and sticks.

Now a quote from channelnewsasia. The same information is carried by others news providers.

Surely you're not suggesting that the media deliberately slant the news to evoke the desired response from their readers? But, but, that could mean that a lot of what we read is BS and that our ideas, beliefs or ideologies may be based on false premises.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Rancid said:

Surely you're not suggesting that the media deliberately slant the news to evoke the desired response from their readers? But, but, that could mean that a lot of what we read is BS and that our ideas, beliefs or ideologies may be based on false premises.

Most European media are leftist. Leftists, including leftist journalists, seem to be guided by a higher goal that is more important than anything. They feel superior and empowered to manipulate society for it to evolve into a "better society" also called "social-green paradise". A lot of journalists therefore don't report the news in a manner loyal to the truth.

I think it would be better if governments gave every major political party a fully equipped, tax-funded news channel so that plurality of information can be guaranteed.

For the record, I consider Fox in the US to be pure trash and a biaised mouthpiece of the populist parts of the republican party, but I'm glad it's there. Fox won't let go of the issues that pose discomfort to their political rivals, and I think this is important.

The way democracies have evolved, we can't expect from journalists to report in a neutral and balanced manner anymore. I'm not saying journalists ever did report in a balanced and neutral manner but rather I say that we even shouldn't expect them to.

It would be better to have media that is clearly affiliated with some political sides, so they can pursue whatever issue they feel is important as long as they report the truth.

On 9/18/2016 at 4:42 PM, impulse said:

European colonial treachery broke the Middle East 100 years ago.  The chickens are just now coming home to roost.  Wait 'til the sub-Saharan chickens come home to roost in the next 50 years or so.

Ehrm,the sub-saharan region isn't the middle- east though is it.Much of the latter got away scot free regarding colonialism as an expanse of desert and the odd island weren''t thought worth bothering about a century ago.As for 'home to roost' it's  already here; ask the folks in calais and/or

lesbos!