Wing flap found in Tanzania confirmed to be part of MH370 

webfact

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

I happen to work in the large Unmanned Air Vehicle engineering world.  While I can't comment on the precise capabilities, there are vehicles such as the Global Hawk and Triton version that are capable of doing large scale ocean surveillance in both visual, Infra Red and RF (radar).  I did not hear anybody offering or suggesting they be used. 

Probably because when they were searching the South China Sea, they would have expected to find some debris with a normal air/sea search.

Once they realised the plane went down in a fairly large search area a gazillion miles away, the chances of finding large pieces of debris had probably gone.

I think it was something like four days before they started looking even remotely in the right place, and conditions had been rough.

5 hours ago, balo said:

This is still a mystery. Some people claims it is a cover-up .  

Considering that trying to find an aircraft at the bottom of the Indian Ocean with an average depth of 4 kilometers in one of the most isolated areas on the planet is nearly impossible, the conspiracy theorists are unlikely to be proven wrong.

That's only an average depth, but it's hard to comprehend water that deep. No light goes past 1000 meters in the best conditions. At 4000 meters the pressure is nearly 6000 psi or 400 atm.

Edited by tropo

9 hours ago, radiochaser said:

The SR-71 had photographic capabilities that were better than the U-2 and it flew higher than the U-2.  

But, you could not see an engine number on any type of vehicle in the photos.  Pretty damn good photos of what was on the ground, but not that good. 

Not having seen intell photos of current technology, I can't say it is not possible now.

i always found this engine number statement pretty incredible myself but i was told this by a german recon photographer who flew missions in f-104 'starfighters over the north sea (and survived!), he always complained about the third rate cameras he had to use and how he wished...

i'll stick to the rest of my post.

cheers

mft