10" Android Tablet w/o SIM

up-country_sinclair

I'm looking to  buy a 10" Android tablet with wifi only and would appreciate some recommendations on where it could be purchased online.  Preferably from a Thai based website so that I can avoid any import/customs headaches.

I have no need for 4G LTE as the tablet will really only be used in my home and occasionally  in hotels/on planes.  And I could always tether the tablet to my phone if need be.

Thanks!  :)

UCS  

Edited by up-country_sinclair

I got an Adtab 10" lite from Lazada  for about 2,500 Baht three months ago.

Primarily used as a media controller and occasional e-reader. Works ok for the price  - the only problem is the poor sound level unless you're using headphones.

Edited by bouph12
correction

Most tablets have a SIM slots now days simply because the cost to add mobile data capability (i.e, SIM) has dropped radically.   That is, the extra electronics/chips they need to add is really cheap and most people want the SIM capability.  So, the tablet makers have just decided to include SIM capability instead developing two different versions of their tablet.   That is Wifi Only....or Mobile & Wifi.

many cheaper no-name brand Tablets have no SIM slot. BigC and Tesco regularly sell those in-store. Better than ordering at lazada as you know where ot comes from and it can not miraculously disappear on its way from Shenzhen (where 95% of all no name / cheapo IT stuff sold on lazada seems to originate)