Drones are to be used in rain-making operations

rooster59

Drones are to be used in rain-making operations

1609008-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK:-- The Royal Rain Making and Agricultural Aviation Department has signed a memorandum of understanding to receive funding from the Agricultural Research Development Agency for the development of UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) in rain-making operations.

The department has also inked an MOU with Civil Aviation Authority for the training of pilots to work in artificial rain-making missions.

RRAAD head Lersak Riewtrakulpaiboon said the department currently has 50 pilots for rain-making missions, but it needs to have 90 to cope with the workload.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/drones-used-rain-making-operations/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-17

First, why not consult the holy fudges and the dabble headed gecko as how is best

to get the rain to come down, if all fail, why not recruit some of the helicopter pilots

that are obviously in abundance there coz they keep letting them fall out of the sky

every few days.....

At least RRAAD head Lersak Riewtrakulpaiboon should get an all-expense paid trip to the US as part of a fact-finding mission. http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/nevada-cloud-seeding-drone-increase-rainfall-end-drought/

If nothing else, at least he could learn a new dance while he's there. 

Edited by waldroj
Fixed problem with video.

7 minutes ago, waldroj said:

At least RRAAD head Lersak Riewtrakulpaiboon should get an all-expense paid trip to the US as part of a fact-finding mission. http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/nevada-cloud-seeding-drone-increase-rainfall-end-drought/

If nothing else, at least he could learn a new dance while he's there. 

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwiWu-eSjJXPAhUMkJQKHXdZD4kQwqsBCCYwAg&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA&sig2=NZptBtlTghMJbl8axwwKHw

Note that the "success" was that the drone released the flares, there was no mention whether the flares actually caused rain, which is a glaring omission.

"RRAAD head Lersak Riewtrakulpaiboon said the department currently has 50 pilots for rain-making missions, but it needs to have 90 to cope with the workload. "

What workload's that then? Carting wheelbarrow-loads of money to the bank?

I'm sure the 'earn' potential of these 'departments' is part of the reason behind the coming to power of our Glorious Leader.

6 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

"RRAAD head Lersak Riewtrakulpaiboon said the department currently has 50 pilots for rain-making missions, but it needs to have 90 to cope with the workload. "

What workload's that then? Carting wheelbarrow-loads of money to the bank?

I'm sure the 'earn' potential of these 'departments' is part of the reason behind the coming to power of our Glorious Leader.

I actually happened upon the Facebook page of the RRAAD pilots the other week - they look to be having an awesome life flying over such a beautiful country in modern well maintained aircraft. There seemed to be no lack of new toys for them to play with. No mention of rain, but they certainly liked their toys!

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

They will have the same success with magic wands and it is way more economical.

Doesn't the wand choose the wizard?

BTW: The General (we do not say his name) prefers 'human drones' for his new government.

Edited by rijb
felt like it

Another fantastic achievement form the rain makers, I don't think anyone else use drones for Rain making so this is another first for Prayut , section 44 and Thailand, matter of fact,  I don't think there's too many countries that do rainmaking at all,  except as a dance, with 90 pilots and plenty of drones , there is a good case for no droughts this coming hot season..............................................:coffee1:

Excuse me for being ignorant about this subject,but,is this true?can rain really be made?I never heard of it until i saw it on thai visa..How do they do it? I mean,we in khon kaen are pretty much up to our asse's here in rain at the moment,so where is this rain being made? I know that they found a cure for aids and ebola,but i didnt know about this.

can some kind sole please enlighten me.

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Excuse me for being ignorant about this subject,but,is this true?can rain really be made?I never heard of it until i saw it on thai visa..How do they do it? I mean,we in khon kaen are pretty much up to our asse's here in rain at the moment,so where is this rain being made? I know that they found a cure for aids and ebola,but i didnt know about this.

can some kind sole please enlighten me.

I feel you have mastered the art of being facetious, however....if you are serious, I believe that there is an old bearded man up there in the sky watching over us and he controls the big taps in the clouds that pass above us temporarily obscuring our view of his blue heaven.

Rain-making is possible, but you need the clouds to seed in the first place. H.M.the King is an expert in this science. Google and become thoroughly enlightened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2940430.stm

7 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

Isn't the country just getting over its worst drought in 50 years? What were these 50 pilots actually achieving?

The obvious answer is a shortage of pilots. The answer buy drones. Its the next logical THAI (Thai Heavenly Artificial Intelligence) answer. You will achieve the same nothing results for less money. 

Edited by elgordo38