US pay drone strike victim's family

rooster59

US pay drone strike victim's family

606x341_344190.jpg

The US government has paid over €1 million to the family of a 37 year-old Italian aid worker who was killed by a US drone attack whilst being held hostage in 2015.

The drone strike took place on the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan where the US regularly conducts what they call ‘secret counter-terrorism missions.’

Obama admitted last year that Giovanni Lo Porto was killed alongside US citizen Warren Weinstein by a US drone whilst they were being held hostage by al-Qaeda. But the payment was described as ‘a donation in memory’ of the victim rather than as compensation.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-17

19 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

how about hundreds of millions civilian killed by American drones? Is the life of a western has more value than a life from a third world country?

" Hundreds of millions " of civilians killed bu American drones? That's a bit far fetched don't you think ? The Nazis didn't even get anywhere near that figure whilst implementing their "Final Solution" and they were a lot more indiscriminate. But yes, it does seem that a western life has more value in death than those from the Middle East.

51 minutes ago, coma said:

" Hundreds of millions " of civilians killed bu American drones? That's a bit far fetched don't you think ? The Nazis didn't even get anywhere near that figure whilst implementing their "Final Solution" and they were a lot more indiscriminate. But yes, it does seem that a western life has more value in death than those from the Middle East.

A western life has more value - isn't that why the westerners were kidnapped?

4 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Is the life of a western has more value than a life from a third world country?

Yes, it is in Third World countries. That's why Westerners are taken hostage in Third World countries and not their own citizens. Now, when hostages are taken in a First World country, the perps usually don't discriminate about citizenship. 

A western life has more value - isn't that why the westerners were kidnapped?

What a racist amount of BS !

If that is true, why bother with the refugees ? They are not westerners ....in fact it's probably better the west stop interfering with the ME ...no part of the ME culturally is identical to the west and probably hard to understand and get consensus

The introduction of modern weapons and bombs and arming groups have given the tribes more devastating tools to inflict harm

They should kept the conflict tribal and these guys will be shooting a few thousands dead probably annually vs giving them mortars IEDs etc which now has changed the war zone and tactics used and impacting millions

Guess the factories and their policy influence has the western Politicians literally by the balls !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChee said:

If that is true, why bother with the refugees ? They are not westerners ....in fact it's probably better the west stop interfering with the ME ...no part of the ME culturally is identical to the west and probably hard to understand and get consensus

The introduction of modern weapons and bombs and arming groups have given the tribes more devastating tools to inflict harm

They should kept the conflict tribal and these guys will be shooting a few thousands dead probably annually vs giving them mortars IEDs etc which now has changed the war zone and tactics used and impacting millions

Guess the factories and their policy influence has the western Politicians literally by the balls !

You are aware not all weapons come from the "West".  And countries other than those in the "West" are also interfering in the ME.

41 minutes ago, LawrenceChee said:

In the context of kidnapping in the Middle East, westerners have more monetary value than indigenous people. To say otherwise is nothing more than a show of ignorance. 

It's all very well being an SJW but it's important to work with facts to support your emotions.

1 hour ago, LawrenceChee said:

Such as Russians ? Russians are classified as westerners to the Asians ...

http://www.salon.com/2015/08/25/un_china_arms_firm_sold_20m_in_weapons_to_south_sudan/

UN: China arms firm sold $20M in weapons to South Sudan

http://www.meforum.org/695/providing-arms

Iran's appetite for Chinese weaponry is far from sated. The Chinese government has sold Iran surface-to-surface cruise missiles and provided assistance in the development of long-range ballistic missiles. By November 2003, a year after Iran successfully tested the Shihab-3 missile—which can carry a 1,000 kilogram payload for a distance of 1,300 kilometers—the CIA issued a report that China, along with Russia and North Korea, were the leading providers of assistance to Iran's ballistic missile programs.[8] Repeated U.S. sanctioning of Chinese firms for proliferating missiles and missile technology to Iran have so far not stopped the practice.[9]

Beijing has also contributed substantially to Iran's nuclear and chemical weapons programs despite assurances to Washington that it has ceased such work. Perhaps the most egregious example was the supply of a uranium conversion facility and nuclear power reactors to Iran.[10]

19 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

how about hundreds of millions civilian killed by American drones? Is the life of a western has more value than a life from a third world country?

You forgot to keep the tape on before uttering your nonsensical comment. I do not disagree with your point but you flunked math.