Two week old baby girl found abandoned in Phuket bin

rooster59

Two week old baby girl found abandoned in Phuket bin

Eakkapop Thongtub

1474082418_1-org.jpg

The two-week-old baby girl was found abandoned in a bin close to the Patong Municipality Office. Photo: Kusoldhram Rescue Foundation

PHUKET: Police are looking for the mother of a two-week-old baby girl found abandoned in rubbish bin next to the Patong Municipality Office early this morning (Sept 17).

Kusoldhram rescue workers responded to a call from a local resident at 1am where it was reported a baby girl was found inside a bin near the Patong Municipality Office on Ratpatanusorn Rd.

After notifying Patong Police, rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a smiling baby girl wrapped in a white towel lying in a bin. One of the rescue workers said the baby girl weighed around three kilograms, had dark hair and looked healthy. The baby was taken to Patong Hospital where a health examination was to be carried out.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-week-old-baby-girl-found-abandoned-in-phuket-bin-59143.php#iq0dyfDCBIkrQyvQ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-17

51 minutes ago, Nemesis7 said:

Sad, really. How heartless a person can be to do this?

I disagree. How can anyone judge the mother without knowing the full and true facts. It takes more heart to give up a child if you know you can't cope. The baby was wrapped in a white towel (not a ditty rag), was left close to business area, no doubt to be found which was what happened.

4 minutes ago, Bantex said:

I disagree. How can anyone judge the mother without knowing the full and true facts. It takes more heart to give up a child if you know you can't cope. The baby was wrapped in a white towel (not a ditty rag), was left close to business area, no doubt to be found which was what happened.

So the colour of the towel and the location of the dustbin make it OK to dump a baby in a garbage bin teeming with germs?  I have never heard such twisted logic. If not heartless, which adjective would you feel is appropriate?  My Thai wife, who has raised six children, could suggest a few - but none that are printable.

45 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

So the colour of the towel and the location of the dustbin make it OK to dump a baby in a garbage bin teeming with germs?  I have never heard such twisted logic. If not heartless, which adjective would you feel is appropriate?  My Thai wife, who has raised six children, could suggest a few - but none that are printable.

I would say 'sad' is appropriate.

2 hours ago, Bantex said:

I know what you are saying, but surely there must have been a few options other than a rubbish bin....steps, temple, etc....?

7 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

How sad....

poor girl,......

not a good start to life.....

for sure the Mother must be feeling awful, we never know why people do these things, 

life....is a struggle for some people.....

Duh, the mother must be feeling awful ? The mother did what she thought was the best idea at the time, and children found in such circumstances should be given for adoption to couples that desperately want a child and will take good care of it !

6 hours ago, Bantex said:

And supposing a dog had tipped the bin over and tried to eat the child. Would you still have the same opinion?

4 hours ago, DennisF said:

I find it sad that many posters seem not to have heard of Post Natal Depression, or the effect it

can have on a lady.

Too judgmental without knowing the facts.

Still no excuse to abandon a helpless child. And in a rubbish bin too. I don't think Phuket garbage collection has any compressor trucks, but I dread to think what would have happened to the poor child if they had.

10 hours ago, Nemesis7 said:

Sad, really. How heartless a person can be to do this?

If you are able to experience empathy, do explain what you thought the mother of the child was thinking when doing this.

Ok 

The mother is absolutey horible.....

But moving forward, what can be done for the child. Id love to see a thai visa charity, such that we (or i) could contribute to in order to help those in need.  No offense intended, but i dont want to give to a charity that is not transparent, or one that i cant fully understand the intent/goals/administration etc etc.

Is there such a program now?

I have to say the baby seems healthy and appears to have one of those pleasant dispositions.  Nobody knows what babies perceive at that age.  Maybe the baby is just expressing a sigh of relief now that it is being cleaned up, not smelling garbage, is comfortable, etc.  God speed