ISIL claims Minnesota attack

webfact

Everyone wants to hang their hat somewhere and the obvious places crop up all the time.  Mental illness is one but the easiest is  Islamic terrorism which is the flavour of the month.  ISIL will claim anything they can no matter how tenuous and that is completely understandable.  Their objective is to make the outside world feel threatened and this plays perfectly into their hands. 

6 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Exactly! When was the last time it was reported that a planned terror attack by fundamental Islamists was foiled by moderate Muslims reporting the plan?

I sense anger :sorry:

Should I stop sending out posts that seem to interest the majority but enrages the minority that get lost a little along the way perhaps     :post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by ScotBkk

6 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Exactly! When was the last time it was reported that a planned terror attack by fundamental Islamists was foiled by moderate Muslims reporting the plan?

The largest amount of information leading to fundamental Islamists being arrested in the UK comes from the Muslim community according to government sources.  You assume what you want to assume based on your own biases.

On 9/19/2016 at 6:35 AM, ScotBkk said:

Now, I'm no expert,
However, there are so many Muslims all around the world and these Islamic terrorists are a tiny percentage.

ScotBkk

This article does not pertain to the OP, but it highlights perfectly  my previous response to you.

On 9/19/2016 at 8:34 AM, SgtRock said:

What is known, is that terrorists of whatever flavour, in order to operate, require:

1. A support network

2. Active sympathisers

3. Passive sympathisers.

French authorities have made eight new arrests in connection with the Bastille Day truck attack in Nice that left 86 people dead, according to the Paris prosecutor’s office.

At least five people already face preliminary terrorism charges in the attack, and are accused of helping Lahouaiej-Bouhlel obtain a pistol and providing other support.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/20/nice-truck-attack-french-police-arrest-eight-new-suspects

1 truck driver. 13 people subsequently arrested. 5 people already charged with support related offences.

The %age of actual terrorists might be relatively small. The support network is huge.