Danish man conned me of 100 million baht while I had cancer -  Thai woman begs PM for justice

webfact

3 hours ago, G Marks said:

Doesn't matter, any assets gained after marriage, by Thai law have to be split 50 50.  I assume at least some of the assets fit in that category, not to mention a judge has already ruled on it.

This is true and of course we do not know the way that the company was run.  I financed a couple of companies that were owned by my wife and myself.  She organised the workers and dealt with all the Thai officials that knocked on the door.  I couldn't have had those companies in my own name in Thailand so without her the businesses wouldn't have existed at all.  Of course she deserved half of the value of the companies.  On the other hands I know of plenty of farangs who have been used disgracefully when financing ventures with their spouses.

Things are rarely like they appear from the outside

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Have a look at the family and friends of the complaining wife and the posters they are holding up.

Do they look like investors with 100 million baht to chuck around to you?

Very very very good point that sums it up completely case closed as far as I am concerned 

Even if he put up all the money to start the company, he knew the law, and should have treated it as his present to her. Once things go sour, he wants everything back. Reminds me of couples back in the UK arguing who bought what CD when things go wrong. Next he'll expect her to give him back the money for that expensive meal in a restaurant, and that bunch of flowers....

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No one is celebrating a Woman with Cancer being ripped off. 

But many are documenting the thought that came to many of our minds first.

100 million Baht - 51% of a company...  Who's company was it ? Who put the Money Into the company ?

Without knowing more we can only speculate - However, in the absence of better information speculation could be that the Dutch Man put forwards all of the money and gave his Wife 51% share as any Company in Thailand needs to me Majority Thai owned. 

Upon separation the lady expected 51% of the company which was later agreed upon by the court. 

The Dutch guy obviously believes the money to be his. 

The lady appears to be using the fact that she has cancer to Martyr herself publicise the story.

You have been too long in Thailand and are now imbued with the FARANG (Frankryk )syndrome for everyone with a white skin so you call a Daan a Dutchman.

Daan is from Denemarken.

Dutchman is from Nederland.

Maybe you originate from Exceptionalistan. Just a guess.

LOL in LOS

Did the Thai woman invest in the company in terms of cash??????

if she did, sure she deserves the right to get her share or profit back, if she didnt, then for gods sake justy leave the man alone, Im sure he suffered a lot just by marrying her. Greed has no limit in LOS.

The legal way to take/transfer the company shares from his wife is if he let her sign blank share transfer documents back when he formed the company and kept these documents locked up in a safe place for just the right time. Now he has a new lady and probably she also signed the share transfer documents before shares were transferred to her :-) 

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

This sounds like the sort of story I've heard before...

something different about it though...

can't quite put my finger on what it is...

Too true. Don't know what the other side of the story is but judging by the countless people who have failed to get justice in similar circumstances you would assume she has absolutely no hope. Better to move on and get on with life and be thankful she still has one after her cancer treatment.

5 hours ago, alocacoc said:

"and now she has turned to prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha for help."

Serious? <deleted>. He hates us already. I would advise to foreigners not to keep too much money on their Thai bank account.

Might be a good thing if he does get involved, then he would open the floodgates for countless more claims by people who have had their life savings unjustly taken from them.

can't see anything coming from this though. All its doing is fuelling the Thai hatred of foreigners.

5 hours ago, G Marks said:

Doesn't matter, any assets gained after marriage, by Thai law have to be split 50 50.  I assume at least some of the assets fit in that category, not to mention a judge has already ruled on it.

Well we dont really know what the ruling was, or how the shares were transferred. A court ruling might not be as she is claiming and there will probably be another side to this. 

Unless I am wrong a civil dispute like this once ruled in court then becomes a criminal offence if the court ruling is not followed, (contempt of court) so frankly he would be arrested and if that were the case I suspect the police would be queuing to arrest him once they get a sniff of the cash involved.

I think there is more to this. Perhaps her shares were sold on as she was unfit to work and the board compensated her appropriately? who knows,,

4 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Might be a good thing if he does get involved, then he would open the floodgates for countless more claims by people who have had their life savings unjustly taken from them.

can't see anything coming from this though. All its doing is fuelling the Thai hatred of foreigners.

PM is in the USA. Please make the signs bigger.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

This sounds like the sort of story I've heard before...

something different about it though...

can't quite put my finger on what it is...

Seems strange that everything favours a Thai,  that she is having trouble after the courts ruled in her favour , wonder the police haven't jailed the Great Dane

...sounds like the techniques they use on foreigners.....

...strangely no statistics are available....

...but surely more that just one case....

...and the saddest thing is foreign governments do nothing for their citizens....

...go to the embassy and they deem it 'a personal matter'.....

...with such a large gang....

...and with foreigners having so few rights...hard to believe this account....

...Thai women are rarely, if ever, victims....

...maybe she didn't get it all....and that is her objection.....

...they generally demand 95%/5%......

...and get it any way they can.....

...with 'everyone' on their side.....

4 hours ago, billsmart said:

I'd like to know a little more about how "the shares were transferred from her control by her husband".  I don't know how that could be done without her permission unless she was declared legally incompetent.  It sounds like she just got duped by her husband, like maybe he promised her something in exchange for signing the control over to him or someone else (a Thai).  If she could prove that she might be able to sue him for breach of promise, otherwise she'll probably just be out of luck, and out of THB 100 MM.   

Dead right.  As a foreigner he is still only allowed to own 49% so her case is against whoever has the other 51%.

I also notice she is not after the shares she wants 100 million baht.  I would bet the sale value of the company after debts etc would not come close to 200 million baht.

Also she obviously has plenty of other money if she could out-bribe him to win the case after all this cannot be the first case in Thai history to be judged on its legal merits can it.

Edited by futsukayoi

Maybe a few questions might put a different spin on things:

-who paid her medical bills?

-was the company in debt?

-did they possibly agree to liquidate the business to pay medical bills and/or debt?

-did the business get sold (probably very cheaply) to another nearby interested third party?

Just speculation but maybe you get my drift.

Pretty rare, but i cant help but think when a Thai party protests, its not because they have lost everything, but rather they havent won 100%,  off the farang.

Excuse if that sounds cynical but going by what ive read on these pages, and going from similiar stories, the farang very rarely ends up with the sweet end of the deal.

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Have a look at the family and friends of the complaining wife and the posters they are holding up.

Do they look like investors with 100 million baht to chuck around to you?

It was probably all the Farlangs money to begin with, but under the law he needed to have Thai partners to run his company including one of his partners is his wife.

In the UK even a common law wife is entitled to equal shares of a common law husband`s money and assets even if all the investments and assets were the husband`s in the first place.

Farlangs that decide to invest money in Thailand, either land and property, businesses or companies that many hide under Thai names or make Thais the majority asset holders should know the risks involved and under the law his wife is entitled to 51% of the company shares whether she invested in it or not. That`s the risk the man took when he threw money into the company. 

I hope the wife does receive her entitlements under the law because he used her to setup his company and has to honour his commitments to her.