Setting up a Foundation

Hi everyone,

I am looking for information regarding setting up a foundation in Thailand to support Community Developpement and Environmental Education. I have found some basic information online and am in the process of getting in touch with some lawyers for professional legal advice, but I would also really appreciate first hand experience from the community!

One of the things I've read is that it is to the discretion of the thai government and the ministries concerned by the foundation's activity to give a green or red light to the project. Do you have any idea what the chances are for a community developpement and environment edication project to be accepted?

Thanks for your help!

You posted this topic also that I have now closed.

Your questions can be answered in this topic.

Hello,

I am inquiring about setting up a foundation at the moment, and keep reading about Associations as being another common status in Thailand. Can anyone inform me as to the difference between both?

- Can you apply for a work permit / visa through an Association?

- How much money do you need to create an Association (250-500.000 bht for Foundation)?

- What other practical difference are there?

Thank you for your help!

17 hours ago, muzmurray said:

Thanks for taking time to reply. I had run into these two website during my research, and a few other who basically have the exact same information.

I'm now looking for personal experience, of someone who s been through the process.

Thanks anyway!

Are you in Thailand?  Is your "foundation" considered an "NGO"?

Several years ago I was asked to see about the requirements for registering a foreign NGO in Thailand.  Motored down to the Ministry of Labor, which handles such, at Din Daeng area.  Found the office and a helpful lady official who ran through things for me.  

She pulled out samples of paperwork, even copied some for me to take away.  One complication is the requirement for a Work Permit, even if the foreign staff are unpaid volunteers.

So, if you're here, suggest you go own and check.

Mac

• Like 1