Two-month Tourist Visa

owenjones

Hi,

I am currently in Phichai with my wife who is too sick to travel. Until May, I had about ten one-year married visa extensions from Pattaya and then Nan, then we moved to Spain. I am 62.

My wife should be OK in about two months, so where is the nearest place I can obtain such a visa?

Phitsanulok (77km) would be ideal because we have to go there for the hospital; Uttaradit (45km) next. Nan (285km) takes five hours to get to.

Do I need anything special for this visa?

Thanks,

Owen

You cannot apply for a tourist visa within the country. You would have to go to a embassy or consulate to get it.

In a earlier topic it was suggested that you apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/942696-tricky-visa-issue/#comment-11144463

I assume you are in Uttaradit province. The designated immigration office for there is Nan if you want to apply for the 60 day extension.

Just now, owenjones said:

OK, thanks.

I have a lift sorted out for Nan, I was just trying to do it closer to 'home'. 

Will I need marriage cert, wife, proof of money, photos etc to get that visa extension?

Your wife will need to be with you. Marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID. The only photo you will need is for the TM7 application form. No financial proof is needed.

4 minutes ago, owenjones said:

OK, thanks. That's great.

Bad news for the missus though.

She suffers badly from travel sickness, but the OTC pills are incompatible with her prescription drugs. She fainted coming up from BKK.

If you can get a letter from her doctor that she cannot travel to be with you they should allow you to apply for the extension.

If she is not with you have her sign the house book and ID card copies before you go.