The Noel Thomas Jaidee Appeal

Mobi

If you look at the “ Noel Thomas – Farewell old friend” thread, you will see that Northpoint has posted a report of Noel’s funeral ceremony which took place yesterday.

It was a very moving occasion, and one which I personally will never forget. Noel was such a much loved member of the community here in Thailand, and he was very definitely a “one off” – a person full of kindness, humour, and selflessness who went out of his way to help the disadvantaged ones amongst us.

Earlier in the “Farewell” thread, it was suggested that the “Jaidee Appeal” appeal be renamed in memory of the person who was so active in promoting it, and the good people at Bahtbus responded immediately by renaming it :

THE NOEL THOMAS JAIDEE APPEAL.

Then it we suggested that we, in TV Forum, ask members make contributions to this appeal, in memory of Noel, and the wonderful work that he did.

Although I have absolutely no connection with BahtBus – or the appeal, I have been given permission by the BahtBus webmaster to start this special appeal thread, on Thai Visa. (I do hope this is OK with my friends Thai Visa.)

So Ladies & Gentlemen, may I ask each and every one of you to dig you hands into your pockets, and help this, oh so worthy cause – The Camillian Centre for kids born with HIV/AIDS.

Just click on this link:

http://www.bahtbus.com/csc/

In doing so, you will find a whole range of ways to pay your money to the appeal, and I am sure there is a method there to suit your situation.

If you knew or respected Noel as a very special person, please do something to his lasting memory by helping the kids that mattered so much to him.

Thanks folks.

:o:D:D

For those who haven't seen the relevant threads, the following detail Noel's tireless work on behalf of the Camillian Centre and the high esteem in which he was held by all who knew him.

Scouse.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44144

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93381

It has been mentioned in several post’s regarding the continuation of the Noel Thomas Jaidee Appeal and related fund raisers. It would be impossible to match Noels enthusiasm and dogged determination but rest assured we will try our best.

The main fundraiser was the annual Drunkatholon which raised in excess of 300,000 baht last year; Noel re-named this the Jaidee Classic due to recent changes in the law regarding mentioning alcohol.

The original date was changed from the 29th November to the 19th December in the hope that Noel himself could compete following his recovery from surgery. Sadly he can’t but that is a typical example of his commitment. He even considered completing the three events prior to his operation and entering his score on the day should he not have been able, a remarkable man who put others first to the very end.

He also set a target for this year, one that will be very difficult to achieve but is possible with enough support. A local advertising campaign is planned to begin on the 1st December for entrants to the Jaidee Classic which entails teams of four playing 9 holes of golf followed by 2 games of ten pin bowling and ending with 2 players from each team competing in doubles at pool.

The emphasis of the whole event is a light hearted social occasion where the winners are not capable of walking a straight line!

Individuals are more than welcome to register and will be teamed up on the day and transport can be arranged for a very modest fee.

The entrance fee of 1,800 baht includes the golf and bowling costs.

Edited by Johnnie Walker

Just to remind some of you blokes about the check-ups that are on offer at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital on Sukhumvit Road. Their check-ups are at half price until 20 December 06 in honour of the King’s birthday.

Their check-ups will cost you THB 20000 (Premier), 9900 (Superior), 6250 (Deluxe) and 2900 (Essential), depending what you want to have done.

I chose the deluxe option for my Thai partner and myself at 6250 THB each (instead of the normal 12500 THB). In addition I had a gastroscopy (9000 THB) and my Thai partner had a Pap smear test (1300 THB) and a Mammography (THB 1700) to have her breasts and ovaries checked for cancer. You will have to pay for additional tests.

I finished up with a clean bill of health, which surprised me. My partner was diagnosed with fairly high cholesterol and some irregularities with the mammography in her right breast. She has to come back for another test in 6 months time.

I recommend this hospital to have check-ups done. Think about it, it might avert major problems in time to come. There is no need to make an appointment. Just turn up in the morning and allow about four hours for all of the tests. There are lots of brochures detailing the tests and the stuff is very helpful and all of them speak excellent English.

If you have not been registered with the hospital previously, bring your passport along, if you are not a Thai citizen.

PS. I hope this is not the wrong place to make this post, but I think Noel would understand.