September 20, 201610 yr Hi all. My Thai wife is living with our daughter in Bangkok. She has applied to renew both our daughters Thai/British passports and I've found that I need to sign a letter of consent so she can do so. Anyone got an example of this letter? I've found one on the Royal Thai Embassy website but that only mentions consent to travel abroad and nothing about passport renewal. Any help on this would be appreciated. Many thanks.
September 20, 201610 yr You only need to provide consent for the Thai passport application. You will need to go the Thai Embassy in London and have your signature on the consent letter witnessed. The consent letter is the one giving permission to travel abroad.
September 20, 201610 yr Author Do they witness the signature for that at the Thai Embassy in London or will I have to have it notarised at a solicitors here in UK like I had to for a land registry certificate when my wife was buying land in Thailand? Thanks
September 20, 201610 yr 6 minutes ago, jumbojones55 said: Do they witness the signature for that at the Thai Embassy in London or will I have to have it notarised at a solicitors here in UK like I had to for a land registry certificate when my wife was buying land in Thailand? Thanks You just need it witnessed at the Embassy. It's needed by the Thai passport office because you're not there when the application is made. Edited September 20, 201610 yr by elviajero
September 25, 201610 yr 16 minutes ago, jumbojones55 said: What will the fees be at the embassy for this? I'm not sure, but if you email the Embassy at this address they will let you know: [email protected]
September 27, 201610 yr Author Well the embassy are impossible to contact. Does anyone know if an appointment is necessary to hand over this letter of consent?
September 27, 201610 yr 5 minutes ago, jumbojones55 said: Well the embassy are impossible to contact. Does anyone know if an appointment is necessary to hand over this letter of consent? You don't need to make an appointment. Did you email them at the address I gave because when I was enquiring about the same subject I received fast answers from that email address?
September 27, 201610 yr Author Received an email back today explaining everything I need to know, just in time for the trip in the morning. Thanks again for your assistance.
September 27, 201610 yr 6 minutes ago, jumbojones55 said: Received an email back today explaining everything I need to know, just in time for the trip in the morning. Thanks again for your assistance. Happy to help. Did they say how much the charge?
September 29, 201610 yr Author £18 covered everything including posting it to my home address when done so happy days
Create an account or sign in to comment