Thailand to have a million Alzheimer’s patients in 13 years

snoop1130

Thailand to have a million Alzheimer’s patients in 13 years

By Coconuts Bangkok

3003388845_a6b883716a_z_1.jpg

Photo: David Robert Bliwas/Flickr

The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) announced that the number of Alzheimer’s patients in Thailand is a little more than a half-million people.

The country is ramping up its medical development and patient care infrastructure to try to accommodate the ever-rising number of patients over the coming years.

Though the number of sufferers of this debilitating disease stands at 600,000 today, the MoPH expects that the country will reach a million people afflicted citizens by 2029.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/22/thailand-have-million-alzheimers-patients-13-years

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-09-22

7 minutes ago, Deli said:

According to the frequency I am told "Luehm" as an answer to my question why things didn't get done, the Million must have been reached long time ago

Correct,fish have longer memory than most Thais I speak with.

perhaps why the low number because it's hard to distinguish between them and alzheimers 

Edited by whatproblem

"The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) announced that the number of Alzheimer’s patients in Thailand is a little more than a half-million people. "

Really. In the time I've been living in Thailand  I've encountered at least ten times that many people driving whom I could have sworn had Alzheimer's. Some under the age of 14.

Edited by jaltsc

14 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

The one million dollar question is how many of them will be TVF members?

What's was the topic again? 

Topic?

What is a topic?

A doctor once told me humour might be the best thing to be able to cope with family Alzheimer patients.

But it is an awful illness.

Edited by hansnl

3 hours ago, whatproblem said:

Correct,fish have longer memory than most Thais I speak with.

perhaps why the low number because it's hard to distinguish between them and alzheimers 

how to distinguish the standard population from the alzheimers population  precisely

4 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Yes a terrible disease. But what about the potential for diabetes? See so much sugar consumed by the young.

Thailand subsidizes the cane growers, keeping the world prices low and complaints from other countries, adding to an overweight population, an excuse for Ocha to raise the price of sweetened drinks, instead of providing education.

The average Thai consumes 26 spoons of sugar a day in foods and drinks.

4 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

But they will forget that they have it.

Isn't it actually nice when you ":forgot" all your dept, gigs, friends and continuously start over again?

Aeeh, where's my key...and where's the board to it? Damn, the freaking neighbor boy must have it. 

It's 1999 now, right? Time for Microsoft to come up with a nice edition, maybe called Millennium? 

<deleted>, just bought eggs and accidentally sat on them. Thought it's my bladder. Ousshh. 

7 hours ago, hansnl said:

Topic?

What is a topic?

A doctor once told me humour might be the best thing to be able to cope with family Alzheimer patients.

But it is an awful illness.

Topic? A good question. What's a topic, please? Tropical storms hit us all week long and people wanna talk about topical storms? 

My brother, who lived in Australia for a while, told me that he had heard an Australian expression "like a mad womans s**t".

He said It wasn't until his mother in law got alzheimers that he realised that it meant "all over the place".

I don't think he was ever tempted to deal with it using humour.  It exhausted her husband and my sister in law.  I kept well clear.

“Comedy is tragedy that happens to other people.”  Angela Carter.

they sell curcumin in every pharmacy for less than 100 baht per 100 pills

just take one or two per day with a bit of black pepper & you should be safe

india is the country with the lowest alzheimer in the world and curcumin is to thank for that