“Tiew Thai Me Hey” music video must be amended

webfact

“Tiew Thai Me Hey” music video must be amended

2209004-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Culture Ministry will not ban the controversial tourism promotion music video, Tiew Thai Me Hey, but will let the producer of the music video to amend some wordings and images which are deemed as inappropriate.

Culture permanent secretary Apinan Pohsayanont said Thursday that the producer of the controversial music video would be invited for a discussion about the change of some inappropriate wordings and images.

Personally, he said many people enjoyed the video in question because it was quite entertaining as it presented Thai cultural charms. However, he said officials at the Fine Arts Department felt that some of the scenes in the music video were not appropriate such as the scenes of Tosakan, the demon king, driving a go-kart, riding a horse or selfieing himself.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tiew-thai-hey-music-video-must-amended/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-23

"...officials at the Fine Arts Department felt that some of the scenes in the music video were not appropriate such as the scenes of Tosakan, the demon king, driving a go-kart, riding a horse or selfieing himself..."

Looking at "another" demon king, I can see why the FArts objected!

putin tank.jpgputin_horse.jpgputin selfie.jpg

CULTURAL CONTROVERSY

Khon video red-flagged

HATAIRAT DEEPRASERT
THE NATION 

30295990-01_big.jpg

Thotsakan, a character from the Ramakien epic, has taken up human activities in a tourism promotion music video. But scenes showing him go-karting or cooking will soon be removed as they threaten the original portrayal of Thotsakan or Ravana 

Culture ministry bans 'frivolous' depiction of 'high' Thai art; director to submit re-edited video

BANGKOK: -- THE Culture Ministry has shown the red flag to a viral music video that promotes Thai tourism through Khon characters.

Scenes showing the Ramakien epic character Thotsakan (Ravana) on horseback, a jet ski, a go-kart, and a tuk-tuk in the music video will be banned. Also facing the axe are scenes showing the imaginary king of giants cooking Thai sweetmeat.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Khon-video-red-flagged-30295990.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-23

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

If I was the director of the music video I'd be telling the culture secretary to get a life and start enjoying it.

I'd agree with you but for the fact this supposedly offends culture and with the attitude of the current regime the video is likely to be banned and the director ' spoken to '. It could have serious repercussions as to his future career.