Thai woman takes bath in pothole to protest bad condition of her hometown’s roads

webfact

Thai woman takes bath in pothole to protest bad condition of her hometown’s roads (PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

bath_lady.jpg

Photo: Ha Gareang/Facebook

TAK: -- A picture of a woman bathing in a man-sized pothole in the middle of the road in Tak province went viral this week. Apparently, her natural mud bath was for a good cause.

The woman, who Sanook reported to be a 25-year-old model named “Palm,” decided to take a protest bath after having enough of the condition of her hometown’s roads in Mae Ramat district.

Palm, who works in Bangkok, said that she comes home often to visit family and has to drive through these potholes.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/23/thai-woman-takes-bath-pothole-protest-bad-condition-her-hometowns-roads-photos

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-09-23

Trying to forget about the model for a moment :rolleyes:, the one road (single lane each way) leading to a National Park (and my old home) in Mae Wong looked exactly like that  until some repairs were carried out recently.  Unfortunately, for some reason the repairs cover certain stretches of the road but not others, so it is still necessary to keep changing lanes in order to avoid a broken axle. or in the case of motor cycles, a broken neck. I am thinking of inviting Bill Gates to come along for a visit as clearly his comments have far more impact than those of the people who actually live there. The repairs I mentioned were carried out only after adverse comments appeared on TV following a visit by a TV personality, whose car was damaged by one of the potholes.

Mate of mine lives on a road like this in Fang and all the locals have been complaining about it for two years.  Then it was decided that a member of a certain family would be visiting along with 9 Helicopters full of hangers on/security etc and lo and behold in the three weeks leading up to the visit all local roads in the area were resurfaced.   As per normal for Thailand a certain section of society are looked after whilst the rest of 'The People' get the left overs.

i  APPLAUD ANY Thais  efforts to push the retards n charge to get off their fat <deleted> and do their job. Ive  fixed the roads round by me before now to have  some locals  complain its " not my job" yet only 2  days ago in the  village  outside  a house where they were having a party they filled in  some  holes. I should  have called the head  of  village, taken photos and complained its " not their  job" but it is one law for them one for us.

The  way they  fill them is throw in loose  stones making it even more dangerous  for a motorbike to skid on, at least i used concrete