Best steakhouse in BKK

elizabethay

Nothing wrong with pictures of food. A picture after all says a 1,000 words. The people who come on the forum and ridicule people for food pics and say it should be consigned to facebook have no idea how stupid that sounds as this is also a social media platform. The more pictures this forum has the better. 

Why anybody wouldn't want to see pictures of various subjects we discuss is beyond me. 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Arno's is a scammer, still angry about my lunch there today.

Ordered a double burger of 2x200 grams but got 2x75 gram...i told the waiters about it and they had a long thai answer to my wife since nobody there speaks a word english.

When i finished eating my wife finally got her steak which she didn't like, kurubota ribs.

There were many crying babies in the place as well, very annoying.

I asked if arno was there since his pic is huge on the menu, of course he wasn't there.

Will never go back to that whole EMquartier, it's for silly snobs only.

• Like 1

Best Burger in Bangkok too IMO... 
How does it compare to Firehouse in Soi 11? Had a few there. Mostly ok but the patties tend to be on fat side making them harder to eat once they pile on the salad. Been a bit too wet a couple of times too.

Sent using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
On 9/24/2016 at 12:14 PM, jamhar said:

I ate at Arno's the other day.  First good steak in 4 years (since arriving in thailand).  Butcher shop, select your cut and amount, and they cook it for you.  Similar to a restaurant in Los Angeles and Las Vegas that I've been to in the past.  Aged and marbled to USDA Prime quality is about 2500baht/kg  (about the same for aged prime quality in the US).  What looked like aged and USDA choice grade was about 1400/kg.  I chose a bone in ribeye, prime.

They dont trim well as is the thai style preference.  So there was quite a bit of fat that needed to be trimmed at the table.  Ruth Chris, Morton's, Delmonico, Nick & Stef, ect similar places in the US would trim the fat and only leave what is necessary for proper grilling or broiling.  My steak was grilled properly, medium rare,  cool at the center.  Salt and Pepper grinder is available at the table. The steak is seasoned lightly with salt and pepper during the grilling, just the way I like it.

Sides are extra, as is in the US steak houses i'm familiar with.  The sauteed mushroom is NOT recommended.  The Caesar salad wasn't bad.   They had a favorite scotch of mine, lagavulin, but it will cost you, and the pour isnt a single dram over a measure.  Three doubles and you can buy the entire bottle for the same price.  plus it will feel like you only had two doubles.

Its a nice, small intimate place.  so reserve early.  Overall, i will repeat, but i'll bring my own scotch/red, thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/arnobutcher/

They have many branches now it seems ?

On 10/7/2017 at 10:37 PM, Thian said:

Arno's is a scammer, still angry about my lunch there today.

Ordered a double burger of 2x200 grams but got 2x75 gram...i told the waiters about it and they had a long thai answer to my wife since nobody there speaks a word english.

When i finished eating my wife finally got her steak which she didn't like, kurubota ribs.

There were many crying babies in the place as well, very annoying.

I asked if arno was there since his pic is huge on the menu, of course he wasn't there.

Will never go back to that whole EMquartier, it's for silly snobs only.

Is the price similar at all branches ?