swimming pool unit costs/prices all elements

notrub

I am about to build an in ground pool in Isaan.  Size is 4x8x1.5 and plan to use 20cm thick cement blocks for the walls with a 15 cm(?) re-enforced slab.  I am about 100km north of Buriram and have had quotes of about  800,000 from a reputable contractor there all in.  I think for a poured concrete pool, tiled with  salt chlorination.  I am currently building a new house of a standard design.  That is, footings, columns siporex blocks, metal framed roof, cementicious roof panels and PVC windows.  Nothing fancy or difficult to do and easy for the contractor to price and build too.  He is building my 100 m2 house for about 1 million all in, including floor tiles and shower/toilet equipment.  This is, I think, a good price and he is doing a very good job so far.  When I asked him to price a small pool as above he came back with 1.8 million all in.  I was a building contractor for many years in another life and so I know that this contractor simply does not know how to price a pool.  Getting bad prices is nothing new to me and so I want to help him make the correct price so he can build my pool.  By bad prices I mean that sometimes a reputable contractor does not know how to price.  Both too high and too low are bad news.  Too high is obvious but too low means the guy is not making his nut and working for free does not encourage a good job and is not fair anyway.  Also on a bigger job the low price can go bust.

So, here is what I am after.  Unit costs by M2  for

on grade concrete slab,  15cm thick (?) (soil is good)

20Cm block wall filled in the cells with concrete and re bar  

Rendering with Lanko or Webb type products,

Tiles,  (paint option?)

Equipment (pump, filter etc.)  

Exterior grade tile/flagstone on sand cement bed (?) 

Pool lighting and

any suggestions too please.

With or without material, either would be great.

Bob Manthay at Ruangsanthai builder's merchants, Buriram, 081 069 8324 has given me prices for equipment and other material but other ideas are welcome

Mr Bob is very helpful and knowledgeable and can help with all your building projects.  Big Thai outfit, very good

I am taking lots of photos and will keep this page posted on the house construction for now.  Pool later

Thanks for your help

Burton

I am about to build an in ground pool in Isaan.  Size is 4x8x1.5 and plan to use 20cm thick cement blocks for the walls with a 15 cm(?) re-enforced slab.  I am about 100km north of Buriram and have had quotes of about  800,000 from a reputable contractor there all in.  I think for a poured concrete pool, tiled with  salt chlorination.  I am currently building a new house of a standard design.  That is, footings, columns siporex blocks, metal framed roof, cementicious roof panels and PVC windows.  Nothing fancy or difficult to do and easy for the contractor to price and build too.  He is building my 100 m2 house for about 1 million all in, including floor tiles and shower/toilet equipment.  This is, I think, a good price and he is doing a very good job so far.  When I asked him to price a small pool as above he came back with 1.8 million all in.  I was a building contractor for many years in another life and so I know that this contractor simply does not know how to price a pool.  Getting bad prices is nothing new to me and so I want to help him make the correct price so he can build my pool.  By bad prices I mean that sometimes a reputable contractor does not know how to price.  Both too high and too low are bad news.  Too high is obvious but too low means the guy is not making his nut and working for free does not encourage a good job and is not fair anyway.  Also on a bigger job the low price can go bust.

So, here is what I am after.  Unit costs by M2  for
on grade concrete slab,  15cm thick (?) (soil is good)
20Cm block wall filled in the cells with concrete and re bar  
Rendering with Lanko or Webb type products,
Tiles,  (paint option?)
Equipment (pump, filter etc.)  
Exterior grade tile/flagstone on sand cement bed (?) 
Pool lighting and
any suggestions too please.

With or without material, either would be great.

Bob Manthay at Ruangsanthai builder's merchants, Buriram, 081 069 8324 has given me prices for equipment and other material but other ideas are welcome

Mr Bob is very helpful and knowledgeable and can help with all your building projects.  Big Thai outfit, very good

I am taking lots of photos and will keep this page posted on the house construction for now.  Pool later

Thanks for your help

Burton

Hi Notub

I'm going ti build a pool as well and would like to ask you a couple of questions.

1. Can you get the 20 cm cement blocks locally? If so, where did you get them so I can come down and have a look. I can't seem to find them.

2. Who did you get to draw up the engineering design for the pool?

I was going to do my own with a CAD program, but can't find enough engineering pool designs on the internet to copy from.

thnks.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

On 1/10/2016 at 5:18 AM, carlyai said:

Hi Notub

I'm going ti build a pool as well and would like to ask you a couple of questions.

1. Can you get the 20 cm cement blocks locally? If so, where did you get them so I can come down and have a look. I can't seem to find them.

2. Who did you get to draw up the engineering design for the pool?

I was going to do my own with a CAD program, but can't find enough engineering pool designs on the internet to copy from.

thnks.

If he is going to use blocks the big ones are 14cm wide with holes so rebar can go vertically with the horizontal rebar tying in between the blocks. Holes need to be filled with concrete in order for the walls to be strong. Some kind of waterproofing is desirable on the outside of the blocks which can be quite porous.

Edited by Valentine

If he is going to use blocks the big ones are 14cm wide with holes so rebar can go vertically with the horizontal rebar tying in between the blocks. Holes need to be filled with concrete in order for the walls to be strong. Some kind of waterproofing is desirable on the outside of the blocks which can be quite porous.

Hi Valentine

Lost your contact, think it's you ..? We were talking about 2 yrs or less ago about me building a pool and maybe you supervising from a far.

What's the best way to contact you?

Need some rough prices of your costs and how I or we can do the engineering design on my CAD program.