Sukhumvit passport gang latest: two more foreigners arrested in area apartments overnight as FBI contacted

rooster59

Sukhumvit passport gang latest:  two more foreigners arrested in area apartments overnight as FBI contacted

bang.PNG

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- Bangkok police have announced the arrest of two more foreigners and extensive searches of two rented properties in the Sukhumvit area as investigations into the passport forgery gang and body in the freezer intensify.

At 3am police raided  a 17th floor room at the 21 floor Topville Tower in Sukhumvit Soi 59. Aaron Thomas Gable,33, was arrested and his rented room was searched.

The fancy 66 square meter apartment was set up as a business premises with a bedroom attached to an office. Police spent one hour at the property gathering evidence.

The suspect had a full test for drugs in his urine at a hospital before being taken to Phrakhanong police station where the five arrested in Soi 56 are being held.

In a separate raid last night James Douglas, 66, was arrested at Hasu House condominium in Sukhumvit Soi 77. An extensive search was made of the property there too.

Tourist police chief Surachet Hakpan said that "the enquiry was extensive and far reaching involving multiple divisions of the police". 

Technology Crime Suppression Division officers are examining a computer and phones taken into in evidence in Soi 56 on Friday to get a lead in the case.

Thai cops have been in touch with the FBI to find out what the gang might have been up to and if they had any other information about their activities and background.

Meanwhile, forensics continue to examine the "blond haired" corpse found cut up in the freezer in Soi 56 in an effort to find who his he, how he died and what connection he had with the people who rented the premises.

A tourist police officer Kanchanaphong Chedech was shot during the raid yesterday afternoon when one of the suspects grabbed a gun from a safe. He is out of danger.

Held are three English speakers believed to be two Americans and a British man and a Burmese woman and her husband.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-24

35 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Thai cops have been in touch with the FBI to find out what the gang might have been up to and if they had any other information about their activities and background.

In the movie adaptation, a private G650ER would be enroute already. A clean up squad for the clean up squad.

I'm still unclear as to exactly what area this is,,, "Soi 55/56, Sukhumvit",,, many here seem to be claiming it's in, "On Nut",,,, while that's very possible,,, there is ALSO a, "Sukhumvit Soi 55/56" in the Thong Lo area,,, as in,, driving from lower Sukhumvit, Nana/Asok,,,  towards Phra Khanong,,, the Soi numbers go up,,, then after Sukhumvit Soi 71 in Phra Khanong, headed towards On Nut,,, at SOME point,, they change, as the Tesco/Lotus in On Nut, is ALSO, "Sukhumvit Soi 50/51" and goes up from there,,,, Unless they've mentioned a different district than the Thong Lo area,,, If it's Sukhumvit 55/56 in Khlong Toei area,,, then Ya,, that's On Nut area,,,, 

Edited by Adeeos

9 minutes ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Let a few experienced FBI interrogators come over and I bet we will find more out of these scumbags than the well intended Thai investigators try to do..... Just a thought.

Morlam music, very loud and for a few weeks 24/7 blasting into their ears would solve the issue and the birds would sing.

8 minutes ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Let a few experienced FBI interrogators come over and I bet we will find more out of these scumbags than the well intended Thai investigators try to do..... Just a thought.

FBI interrogators have their own place in the process. it does not mean that they can solve out everything. there is a lot unsolved in the US.

The Thais seem to me on track.

31 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

I'm still unclear as to exactly what area this is,,, "Soi 55/56, Sukhumvit",,, many here seem to be claiming it's in, "On Nut",,,, while that's very possible,,, there is ALSO a, "Sukhumvit Soi 55/56" in the Thong Lo area,,, as in,, driving from lower Sukhumvit, Nana/Asok,,,  towards Phra Khanong,,, the Soi numbers go up,,, then after Sukhumvit Soi 71 in Phra Khanong, headed towards On Nut,,, at SOME point,, they change, as the Tesco/Lotus in On Nut, is ALSO, "Sukhumvit Soi 50/51" and goes up from there,,,, Unless they've mentioned a different district than the Thong Lo area,,, If it's Sukhumvit 55/56 in Khlong Toei area,,, then Ya,, that's On Nut area,,,, 

it's called google maps

1 hour ago, Adeeos said:

Not sure if this helps at all, but I'll try.

The Sukhumvit soi numbers get out of step very quickly around the Thong Lor area. Soi Thong Lor is Sukhumvit soi 55, but the soi on the opposite side of Sukhumvit is Soi 38. That means that the Tesco at On-Nut as actually on Sukhumvit Soi 50, but the 'odd side' soi numbers by then have got to 77, 79, 81 etc. So Soi 56 is just a bit further 'up' Sukhumvit past Tesco's. 

So in the main story when they say Sukhumvit soi 56, and then refer to a condo on Sukhumvit soi 77 (which is soi On-Nut), they are actually not too far apart.

Firstly, I imagine when "FBI" is mentioned they are referring to THAI FBI.

" Meanwhile, forensics continue to examine the "blond haired" corpse found cut up in the freezer in Soi 56 in an effort to find who his he, how he died and what connection he had with the people who rented the premises."

I hope they have access to good DNA lab: might come up as David Bowie for all we know, if use the Koh Tao lab. Meanwhile, back in the lab, they are piecing the evidence back together.  RIP and all that.

2 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Quite right!  Waterboarding is much more effective than attaching electric wires to the genitals before pouring boiling water onto them!  Let's get some real interrogators on the job! 

6 hours ago, HoboKay said:

Guess the media is reinforcing the differences between the foreigners from the locals?

I was curious as to why the Tourist Police was caught up in such an apparently dangerous policing activity, perhaps they needed officers with English language training to communicate with the suspects upon a tip-off?

Good one Sherlock, maybe the Tourist police were involved because non Thais were arrested for murder and shooting a Thai policeman.

This place is on the way to my gym - I walked near and the house looked like just built and waiting to be rent, didn't see anyone there.
Next day after that happened was REALLLY lots of police and road closed - it's like 30 policemen there.. And they controlled road and asked everyone around about the place.

4 hours ago, Adeeos said:

The house is next door to the Kluay Nam Thai Clinic on Sukhumvit soi 56, which is just past (or before depending on direction) On Nut BTS.

Here is a map link

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/3079%2F1,+Sukhumvit+Road,+Bangchak,+Khet+Prakanong,+Bangkok,+10250,+10250,+Thailand/@13.7016351,100.5325175,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x30e29fec1f732c0f:0xf5958d5789853072!2m2!1d100.602558!2d13.701645

Hmm, a couple of troubled FBI guys could be used in the movie idea I floated on the other thread. 

Make one a drinker with a penchant for ladies and the other a gambler with debts and three ex wives to support and it could work. 

Anyone got Quentin Tarantino's number?  

Arabs with European/ British passports.  There is no point anymore in describing people as any given nationality from Europe anymore. Europe has been flooded with conmen and criminals from Asia- Africa and the Middle East. It's ludicrous that we call such people ' British' or ' French' etc. It's delusional. 

5 hours ago, Adeeos said:

No- they would just dance- get happy and drink whiskey- wave their arms around then get laid!

5 hours ago, sahibji said:

this seems to be fairly complicated case but the the body having been found in soi56, the residents of that apartment should be able to provide some leads/

Maybe the cops didn't ask them nicely.

5 hours ago, Adeeos said:

You've got to stop taking the medicine! :thumbsup::wai:

16 minutes ago, alofthailand said:

Arabs with European/ British passports.  There is no point anymore in describing people as any given nationality from Europe anymore. Europe has been flooded with conmen and criminals from Asia- Africa and the Middle East. It's ludicrous that we call such people ' British' or ' French' etc. It's delusional. 

After reading your post I have a good idea what is ludicrous and delusional. 

And that's me being polite. 

4 hours ago, stbkk said:

Not sure if this helps at all, but I'll try.

The Sukhumvit soi numbers get out of step very quickly around the Thong Lor area. Soi Thong Lor is Sukhumvit soi 55, but the soi on the opposite side of Sukhumvit is Soi 38. That means that the Tesco at On-Nut as actually on Sukhumvit Soi 50, but the 'odd side' soi numbers by then have got to 77, 79, 81 etc. So Soi 56 is just a bit further 'up' Sukhumvit past Tesco's. 

So in the main story when they say Sukhumvit soi 56, and then refer to a condo on Sukhumvit soi 77 (which is soi On-Nut), they are actually not too far apart.

When the US Army when WW II was finished numbered the Sois off Sukhumvit they were not concerned with lining up the Odd with the Even they just numbered them as they went along Sukhumvit going out of town.

All the Sois have names, in Thai of course.  Sukhumvit with the American Hospital on it was a hub area of the US Army and the Soi names in Thai was a problem, so they decided to number the Sois. The Thais went along with this because in their mind they were going to remove these number as soon as the Yanks departed. But the Yanks NEVER departed, so the numbers became part of the Soi names. 

7 hours ago, Adeeos said:

First time I've ever seen someone use 3,,, and 4,,,, commas before. What gives?