can anyone explain why the online 90 day report does not work for me

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Try installing IE Tab on Chrome and the text will enter correctly. Auto complete even works for me using it.

Edge will not work you have to select IE on the settings drop down menu.

With the greatest respect Joe it gets tiresome reading not dozens but probably hundreds of messages on TV suggesting workarounds for people to solve a problem which should never have occurred in the first place.

There is absolutely no reason that any public website should require the use of IE (or a 'pretend' IE) to function. In fact web development is easier if the developer targets all the other browsers, as IE is usually the odd one out, disobeying many of the standards that the others follow well.

I don't need to use this website as I'm not in Thailand at the moment.

Just think of the thousands of hours wasted by thousands of foreigners throughout Thailand trying to use this monstrosity, when for the sake of a few hours of work by a skilled web developer (555) the whole thing could have worked properly from the beginning.

The only reason I can see for the 'design' behind this website is it has been deliberately done this way to annoy the people who have to use it!

• Like 2

I have used it since the beginning and is working very well.

But have to be a laptop or normal desk computer.

Doesn't work using i-pad or smart phone.

Of course have to ignore the danger advise and confirm to go further.

Then have to go to the end of the instruction window and flag the box.

Then choose one of the 3 options and fill all requests slowly and with patience and it works good.

Last week I got email confirmation of approoval after just 1 hour.

The only thing I don't like is to loose 15 days untill the next report cause they start the next 90days count from the date of the request and not from date of original expiration. So it becomes a 75 days report, but better than loosing all day to go, wait and come back from Chaeng Wattana....

7 minutes ago, MaxiMaxi said:

I forgat to say that I choose the 90days immigration link given by the search engine, that has the year 2004 written at the end, cause it works better in my case.

There is no address for 90 day reporting that ends with 2004. You are probably going to the immigration website and clicking on the 90 day reporting button.

You can skip the accept the terms and conditions page by using this link. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

• Like 1

7 hours ago, meatboy said:

dont forget it will only work for them thats been out of the country after 2013 it definately wont work for me.

even if all your 90day and extensions are up to date before then [2013].

I'm not aware of the date, but I was told that my problem was because I had not been out of the country sicne 2006, and the system did not have my entry card number in it.

I'll have to leave the country and come back before I can use it!  What a wonderful system!

Edited by cyborgx

23 minutes ago, cyborgx said:

I'm not aware of the date, but I was told that my problem was because I had not been out of the country sicne 2006, and the system did not have my entry card number in it.

I'll have to leave the country and come back before I can use it!  What a wonderful system!

I was told by immigration the 2013 number as a approximate date of entry when there would be no record of your entry if you entered before that year when I asked them about why I got the check with your local immigration office message. They advised me to do a border hop if I wanted to do online reports.

The same applies if you get a new passport and have not done an entry with it.

I have both an old entry and a new passport since then.

Well I just found out about the online form and was so happy but it took a long time to fill it in. It seemed to take a long time to register each keystroke although I was able to cut and paste so that sped it up....after I entered all the info and pressed submit the screen went blank and there was no verification screen. Did it go through? I tried it two other times, one on a different browser, and got the same results. I wish they would upgrade their internet services. Anybody have different/similar experiences? Can you phone to find out if it worked? Any info would be much appreciated.  

A.

37 minutes ago, Amaximus said:

Well I just found out about the online form and was so happy but it took a long time to fill it in. It seemed to take a long time to register each keystroke although I was able to cut and paste so that sped it up....after I entered all the info and pressed submit the screen went blank and there was no verification screen. Did it go through? I tried it two other times, one on a different browser, and got the same results. I wish they would upgrade their internet services. Anybody have different/similar experiences? Can you phone to find out if it worked? Any info would be much appreciated.  

A.

That seems to be what is experienced when not using Internet Explorer or a browser with an extension to emulate IE.

What browser were you using?

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That seems to be what is experienced when not using Internet Explorer or a browser with an extension to emulate IE.

What browser were you using?

Yes, I was using edge and then I realized it wasn't Internet Explorer so I used IE and filling it in worked fine but after I submitted that first page nothing happens still. It just goes blank. This is driving me crazy. So close, yet so far. I really don't want to drive to the Immigration office if I don't have to. It ends up taking half a day - after living here 10 years it would be such a treat to do it on-line. I'll keep reading through the thread but it seems like it should work at this point based on what I was reading. Any other ideas, anybody? 

A. 

as from 2009 when my last passed through immigration,every time i do a 90day report or my extension i have to record for them my 

arrival/departure card,so how difficult is it to enter this in their computer.

the same goes for sending a photo of yourself with your TM47 form by line.

the wife is able to do quite a lot of sending info this way.

1. 90 day online reporting only works on Internet Explorer 11 (not the Edge browser on Windows 10 either) or maybe earlier versions of IE. It does not work with Google Chrome or Firefox or Safari browsers or any other internet browser.

2. Your passport must be on file via the Thai Immigration computer system at a major Thai airport or entry point. If you got a new passport in Thailand it will not work until you reenter the country on that passport. 

3. If you have not exited and reentered Thailand for a while i.e a few years your not on the computer system and it will not work.

10 minutes ago, barryw52 said:

1. 90 day online reporting only works on Internet Explorer 11 (not the Edge browser on Windows 10 either) or maybe earlier versions of IE. It does not work with Google Chrome or Firefox or Safari browsers or any other internet browser.

2. Your passport must be on file via the Thai Immigration computer system at a major Thai airport or entry point. If you got a new passport in Thailand it will not work until you reenter the country on that passport. 

3. If you have not exited and reentered Thailand for a while i.e a few years your not on the computer system and it will not work.

So, I last re-entered Thailand in February 2015 and got a new passport in January, 2016 that now contains my current retirement extension until April 2017.  Does that mean I cannot do a 90day report online?

I would add that my TM6 from that re-entry is in my new passport and has been used at least three times for postal 90 day reporting with no problems

Edited by ChrisKC
additional comment

9 minutes ago, barryw52 said:

It will work on other browsers if an extension or add on is installed to emulate IE.

On Safari a user agent for IE is available on it.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I was told by immigration the 2013 number as a approximate date of entry when there would be no record of your entry if you entered before that year when I asked them about why I got the check with your local immigration office message. They advised me to do a border hop if I wanted to do online reports.

10 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

So, I last re-entered Thailand in February 2015 and got a new passport in January, 2016 that now contains my current retirement extension until April 2017.  Does that mean I cannot do a 90day report online?

I would add that my TM6 from that re-entry is in my new passport and has been used at least three times for postal 90 day reporting with no problems

As I wrote before you will not be able to do a report online until you do an entry into the country using it.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It will work on other browsers if an extension or add on is installed to emulate IE.

On Safari a user agent for IE is available on it.

Can you give me the procedure for adding this extension on chrome or safari please?  I've tried but can't seem to figure it out. I know you can do online report up to 15 days before due date. Is that the same for physical reporting if you need to?

8 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Can you give me the procedure for adding this extension on chrome or safari please?  I've tried but can't seem to figure it out. I know you can do online report up to 15 days before due date. Is that the same for physical reporting if you need to?

The extension for Chrome will only work on the Windows operating system. I suggest installing IE Tab .

On Safari you use a  user agent for IE that can be found on the development menu. See: http://www.dummies.com/web-design-development/how-to-activate-user-agent-switcher-in-safari/

For online reporting there is a 15 to 7 days before the report date window to do it. In person you can do your report up to 15 days early or 7 days after the report date.

• 2 months later...
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 6:09 PM, ubonjoe said:

Thanks, sorry I only just seen your reply. I have new passport and old entry card, double wammy too!  For now I'd rather do occasional 10km trips to immigration, than have to leave the country and come back, just to solve an IT/admin problem with the Immigration website...

Edited by cyborgx