Motorcycle Covers After Riding in the Rain

SkyRider

Garage   555 !  Nice one.    Some covers , the better ones , are heat proof around the exhaust area - assuming the cover lines up with your bike.  Never cover a wet bike / car. Better to leave out untill its dried out fully. Difficult if it keeps raining !. Can you build a lean-to shelter / cover roof. Will help shield from the sunlight too.

I live in a condo, so I can't build a shelter / roof.  (Irks me that the condo doesn't provide that.)

It's not just the weather that I want to protect the bike from. It's also the inconsiderate and careless people that will scratch my bike. With my other bikes, there were numerous times that I would find scratches on my bike, caused by other bikers while it was parked.  

If bike / car parking space is limited at your condo , could you get away with one of those folding bike covers , that hinge over the bike like a pram hood. You park into the front half , then fold over the rear half. They are made of fabric , so could also get damaged by other bikes.  Failing that , buy a good quality breathable / heatproof cover but dont pull it all the way down the bike to the ground , leaving good airflow underneath. 

Archived