Can't delete remnants of a discarded post; where is the code view?

attrayant

I changed my mind and decided not to submit a post I had composed.  Now, when I open the same thread, the form "helpfully" remembers the post I composed but didn't send.  I tried to select/delete everything but that only works for the text.  I still have empty quote boxes in the post window.  Even when I click on the 'quote' link in a different post, the reply box opens up with the wrong poster in the quote tags.  In the image below, how can I delete the quote tags that come up automatically when I want to start a new post?

1. How can I tell the forum software to discard this post?

2. Where is the control to switch to the code editor, so that I can delete the tags and other things manually?  In many cases editing the code is much quicker and easier than fighting with the GUI editor.

post.png

On 9/25/2016 at 1:25 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Hover your mouse over the unwanted quoted post and a box like this box delete post Screenshot 16-09-25 13-21-59.jpg will appear in the top left corner:

delete post Screenshot 16-09-25 13-21-59.jpg

Move the mouse over it, click it and hit 'delete'. It will go away.

That didn't work at first.  I had to post the empty reply, then go back to edit it.  It feel like one has to know all the secret tricks to posting now, which before used to be second nature.

Shame about losing the code view.  Even in HTML, somethings are so easy to tweak compared to wrestling with the GUI.

15 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Ah, I see.  Just hovering over the cross hairs isn't enough.  You have to over and click on them, then hit delete.

[edit - which I now see you did say]

smile.gif

Yes, sometimes you don't have to click it, sometimes you do! So I added the "click it" to my post just to make sure! smile.gif

Archived