Maenam koh samui front beach bungalow or cheap not front beach hotel ? where did you stay ?

Ive stayed on the beach in lamai and off it as well….both are equally good….the beaches however are not well lit and anyone can access your bungalow at any time….if you're unlucky.

I prefer a clean, comfortable stylish hotel thats in my budget over anything else.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

The name escapes me but there's a new-ish place opposite Bado's Indian restaurant that's worth a look.

HTH

Walls paper thin at the turquoise blue place opposite Babu's indian Hot ....(I forget the name too)  I know someone who stayed the one night and moved out, because of the TV noise...from next room.

But there are a number of other places on the same road ( Maenam Resort road) that would be in the price range or less ...New Sunrise Bungalows,  Shangri La , Vi's bungalows, two locations in same area. 

Moon hut would be ok too, but lots of other around as well. 

Lolita Bungalows and neighboring Wandee Bungalows (think it's a cousin) usually charge just under 2,000 baht for aircon beachfront bungalows. There are several choices along along the Bay – including suggested Moonhut – and depending on your demand, you can still also find fan-bungalows from 400 to 800 baht, for example Gee House almost opposite the Chinese Temple in Maenam "China Town" village, where I the other day saw she posted that price on the board by the street.

On 9/25/2016 at 5:19 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Ive stayed on the beach in lamai and off it as well….both are equally good….the beaches however are not well lit and anyone can access your bungalow at any time….if you're unlucky.

I prefer a clean, comfortable stylish hotel thats in my budget over anything else.

Thank you but I do not go to the beach to live in a building.

Or I would just stay in BKK.

2 hours ago, AsianExport said:

Thank you for Moonhut and Lolita, I will search in this area.

But is it the place where there are many restaurants on the main road ?

Or where is it better to be at walking distance to restaurants and bars ?

Thanks again.

Both places are within short walking distance from a number of restaurant – and also has their own restaurant – and lots of other local shops and 24/7 convenient stores. Every Thursday there is a walking street evening market in the Maenam China Town. A number of pubs around; but Maenam is not a lady-bar area, however there's a few within walking distance if you don't mind 10-15 minutes walk.

I have many friends staying at both Moonhut and Lolita/Wandee, and they come back year-after-year, and don't want to change.
If you are arriving in low season – mening from now and until Xmas – rooms will normally be available, and you can try for one or two nights first, and feel if you like the area and the beach.

:smile: