Is fast food the greatest scam ever in LOS?

thaibeachlovers

19 minutes ago, brling said:

Why do you always WHINGE, when you read a post that you do not agree with ?

You have entirely the wrong impression, pal. I'm enjoying having a laugh at the posts I disagree with. Occasionally, owing to my irrepressible natural benevolence and high regard for the spirit of truth and justice, I throw out into the pool of silliness and nonsense some mere actual facts and reasonable perspective--which, were they but heeded, would go far to alleviate some of the awful suffering here, like that resulting from the misconception that one has been scammed by McDonald's. But those are just freebies, really, as I know they'll be ignored. Consider them part of the sport . . . . :)

Edited by JSixpack

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

can't conceive of why Thais can enjoy fast food (restaurants) for the same reasons everybody else in the world does.

Is it your claim that western people actually ENJOY fast food? Not to forget the ambience, sitting on a plastic chair in a room designed to make people leave as fast as possible, and eating with plastic utensils.  If you're really lucky, you get the local beggars coming in to panhandle as well.

I am sure the reason most western people, like myself, eat it because it's a/ cheap and b/ is ready without having to wait a long time. Enjoyable? 55555555555555555555555555

In Thailand it's not cheap at all.

At a very nice restaurant in Pattaya I can buy a burger meal that is far, far more enjoyable than anything any fast food chain can provide, and is larger, with fresher ingredients and more appealing chips. For that gastronomic delight, I pay under 150 baht, which is 25% less than most burger meals at fast food franchises and 50% less than one chain. I get to sit in a nicer chair and have a better ambience as well, plus the serving totty is delightful.

The furniture and ambiance in the Mcdonald's in Central 9 is better than most average Thai restaurants you will find. The Thai places have the plastic chairs. 

The furniture and ambiance in the Mcdonald's in Central 9 is better than most average Thai restaurants you will find. The Thai places have the plastic chairs. 

Yeah, and you pay 4x the price for a crappy meal.
Then I prefer plastic chairs and good Thai food!

Why no Carl's Jr. in Chiang Mai or Mos burger ?   I can't even find Burger King here. In the malls nothing , very strange when you think about it. CM is a big city .    

6 hours ago, JSixpack said:

You have entirely the wrong impression, pal. I'm enjoying having a laugh at the posts I disagree with. Occasionally, owing to my irrepressible natural benevolence and high regard for the spirit of truth and justice, I throw out into the pool of silliness and nonsense some mere actual facts and reasonable perspective--which, were they but heeded, would go far to alleviate some of the awful suffering here, like that resulting from the misconception that one has been scammed by McDonald's. But those are just freebies, really, as I know they'll be ignored. Consider them part of the sport . . . . :)

As usual you are telling porkies about what I said. I never mentioned McDonalds by name in the OP.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 26 September 2016 at 6:19 PM, Ace of Pop said:

The Fast part of Mc D is the speed the Chips go Cold.

That's because they put them on the counter for 5 minutes before your burger arrives.

3 hours ago, balo said:

Why no Carl's Jr. in Chiang Mai or Mos burger ?   I can't even find Burger King here. In the malls nothing , very strange when you think about it. CM is a big city .    

Carl's Jr is good.  Mos burger leaves me feeling hungry, but their serving baskets are very dainty.

What I admire most about McDonalds is their quality management system and their ability to deliver such a consistent product all over the world - though Subway does a comparable job with ingredients that seem fresher.

when I was in Taiwan, a competitor tried to gouge Subway's business, but the quality was markedly lower

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As usual you are telling porkies about what I said. I never mentioned McDonalds by name in the OP.

No, as you said "international fast food chains" in your OP. Any chain at all will therefore do for my post, so you may write in your preference if you wish; what does it matter then? McDonald's is merely the most prominent example. In fact in your very next post you yourself explicitly specified "Maccers." :) If you yourself can use McDonald's as an example, I can too.

Nothing porky here except a desperate and rather silly attempt to deflect.

Let's remember that the last time you claimed I'm telling "porkies," you ended up with egg on your face, admitting, "You got me there." In fact there've been no porkies at all about what you said, which you really can't remember anyway; I invite you to cite any other you may imagine. If you think about it, you might realize I'd hardly have any need to tell any, not that I would.

4 hours ago, JSixpack said:

No, as you said "international fast food chains" in your OP. Any chain at all will therefore do for my post, so you may write in your preference if you wish; what does it matter then? McDonald's is merely the most prominent example. In fact in your very next post you yourself explicitly specified "Maccers." :) If you yourself can use McDonald's as an example, I can too.

Nothing porky here except a desperate and rather silly attempt to deflect.

Let's remember that the last time you claimed I'm telling "porkies," you ended up with egg on your face, admitting, "You got me there." In fact there've been no porkies at all about what you said, which you really can't remember anyway; I invite you to cite any other you may imagine. If you think about it, you might realize I'd hardly have any need to tell any, not that I would.

Do you have anything to contribute to the thread at all, or do you just come on here to flame me?

I shall not be responding to any more of your troll posts on this thread.