Six Taiwan tourists robbed in Pattaya

webfact

3 hours ago, starchild5 said:

Call me racist ..I don't care...I'm Indian and I know the truth.

This whole night life, going out for fun, vacation is a farang thingy...Its part of farang culture.

Honestly, When farangs go out at night, its way past our bedtime in India :shock1:

Farangs really know their sh*t when it comes to having fun.

I only go to farang bars, farang owned condos, farangs restaurants and never had issues with robbery, bill padding etc. in Pattaya.

Pattaya was created by farangs not by Thai, Chinese or Koreans...Why would anyone be that stupid enough to not know this. Its because of freedom offered in Thailand, it boomed but the contribution of Thai's to this whole concept is ZERO.

To all Asian's..If you don't want to be ripped off, scammed, robbed or pushed...Endorse Farangs owned places...and you will just do fine. 

As an outsider...I see way more honesty in Farang business in Pattaya than others. This would not have happened, if this resort was manged, owned by a farang.

You may not be politically correct ....but your likely very accurate.   Good post !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taiwan is a fairly small island and word will get around, and if the authorities ignore the case and the villas rental company be allowed to continue with impunity, as we might expect, given what usually happens, then I'm sure a dent will be made in the numbers of Taiwanese who choose to holiday in Thailand. The Taiwanese are a good deal wealthier than their mainland cousins and by that a good deal pickier and more informed about alternative holiday destinations. Unfortunately for the Thai tourism industry, they are probably completely blind to that, perhaps even willfully and at the end of the day, the robbery will likely be shrugged off and forgotten.

6 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

well this is good to know You think by now Tourist would know how the Thai Tourist Dept with a straight face tell tourist how it's all good in the land of smiles 

How possibly could a new tourist know that????

1 hour ago, Penicillin said:

Liability  cannot legally be waived with a sign or disclaimer. I would hope this is also applicable to Thai law. Those signs are for people that believe it and unknowingly shrug off their loss .  

Most of my posts are just throw away or at best flippant, occasionally I have something to say that is meant to be serious but not too often, well thats my opinion any way

If you dont believe me check a few of my posts out

The post you are referring to was no different

I do apologize for not making that clear, but I did not post it to draw such a serious reply as yours

In the UK such signs mean absolutely nothing as regards trying to avoid responsibility for anything that happens on your property such as a hotel

Insurance cover is necessary  

As for the position in any other country I have not got the foggiest idea if they carry any validity or not

I hope this puts your mind at ease 5555555555555555

If you still doubt me the big clue was in the words

the management does not accept responsibility for absolutely ANYTHING that happens on their premises

I have gone to all this effort old cock simple because my doctor says I am not allergic to you and I would like it to stay that way

Have a nice day

OLDLAKEY

1 hour ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

Taiwan is a fairly small island and word will get around, and if the authorities ignore the case and the villas rental company be allowed to continue with impunity, as we might expect, given what usually happens, then I'm sure a dent will be made in the numbers of Taiwanese who choose to holiday in Thailand. The Taiwanese are a good deal wealthier than their mainland cousins and by that a good deal pickier and more informed about alternative holiday destinations. Unfortunately for the Thai tourism industry, they are probably completely blind to that, perhaps even willfully and at the end of the day, the robbery will likely be shrugged off and forgotten.

There are  approx 23 million inhabitants on Taiwan small island or not 

I understand that Chinese whispers is still popular so maybe it will take awhile for word to get around

"Instead of helping them report the incident, staffers allegedly blamed the group of guests for failing to lock up their personal property."

Sounds about right.

"One tourist said, "We dare not imagine the outcome if our physical safety had been threatened."

Sounds about right.

"We [...] recommend being wary of personal property and physical safety when traveling in Thailand."

The Land of Truth...

"She said a staffer told them a total of seven thefts had occurred at the villa within 10 days."

So it's perfectly likely there is actually no CCTV footage where these numerous organized crimes have been committed.

Its obvious some of the staff are involved dont think it would take Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out and shame on you involved bringing your work place and country into disrepute. Hope you are caught and get a good stiff jail sentence   

The sad thing is, these girls were molested or raped, but in order to prevent people from knowing this as it makes them lose face. It's never mentioned. And if they don't get examined by the hospital to confirm this, there will be no evidence leading to this arrest.

48 minutes ago, JacChang said:

The sad thing is, these girls were molested or raped, but in order to prevent people from knowing this as it makes them lose face. It's never mentioned. And if they don't get examined by the hospital to confirm this, there will be no evidence leading to this arrest.

They were? What is your source please. If there is one.

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Maybe a package tour, rooms already paid, so not so keen to move. Plus if already paid very reluctant to have to pay a second time, at another hotel.

The smell, yes a good reason to at least request another room. Did they request another room? Not enough detail to answer that question.

On the other hand, plenty or hotels, especially if older buildings, have quite smelly rooms.

I think so too.....and they ar e in holiday mood not in fighting mood...as many hotels have smelly rooms I NEVER would book a group tour over there....and even in a hotel that was good a year ago always check the room before u check in...if anything wrong /smell/doors window cannot lock/lown water pressure / outside security no good ( like scond balcony besides etc ) / a wall in front of window et c etc   I just dont discuss I walk on....

10 hours ago, Docno said:

"After returning to the resort at night, the tourists smelled what they later described as an "unusual odor" in their rooms.

One of the tourists, in a social media post, said the odor was "very fragrant" and that it triggered headaches and extreme fatigue."

Wow, pretty impressive if Thai criminals have developed a gas that puts people into a deep sleep. The Russians thought they had achieved this, but when they used their gats to end a terrorist takeover of a theatre in Moscow several years ago, it ended up killing a number of hostages. Hmmmm......

They used thus kind of gas already 30 years ago in Thailand to rob houses

This one seems a "no brainer".  It would be a logical assumption that members of the staff were involved or were aware of the criminal activity.  Round up the staff and start the investigation.  This many thefts and business as usual!?!!??  Me thinks that some payola is going on here.  Bring out the blood hounds; cordon off the area.  Where is Mr. Sherlock Homes???

Edited by waders123
Left out a word.

17 hours ago, captspectre said:

any semi experienced tourist would say, no key, no stay! why would anyone place their luggage in an "unlocked" room all day! and the smell? why did theynot complain or just move? the chinese are the new charlie tuna's in thailand.

Victim blaming starts at post 10. You're a bit late, aren't you?

Oh Dear 

All a bit worrying- as I live next door!

Palm Oasis is a smallish gated housing development, it's actually quite nice. It is not a resort or hotel, but VIP villas rents out many of the houses on a daily basis and markets the place as an hotel.

So for those permanent residents - this is a nuisance- as often they are rented out for parties- which can be noisy.

There is CCTV at the entrance ( no idea if it works) , but really anybody can come and go- and always loads of staff wandering about.

its been quite amusing reading through the comments! 

This one for example is very illuminating:

VIP = NOT.
The Villa - The villas are not privacy friendly as per the photo's in fact the villas are all in a small compound almost on top of one another with very little privacy at all. The first 2 bed villa they gave us was really bad, the garden was unkept, the pool was tiny, the living room had a queen mattress on the floor, the glass panel behind the stove was broken and the furniture, coffee table and leather lounge were all worn.
We complained about the condition of the villa and were moved to another 2 bed villa with larger private pool, queen mattress on the living room floor which we had removed. The furniture was worn and initially there was no safe deposit box, the smell of old cooking oil was in the kitchen and very bad.
At 8.00pm on the second evening we had no running water, no showers & no toilets the management had failed to fill the external water tank located in the garden. At 9.30pm the tank was filled by water truck but as the tank was empty the water pump was now broken.
At midnight we were moved 15 mins south of Jomtien to another villa located in the middle of nowhere with the promise a taxi would come pick us up to go to Pattaya for dinner, no taxi arrived. The location of this villa was not safe at all with gangs of young teens hooning past on motorcycles and after a lot of swearing and phone calls at 2.00am a taxi arrived to return us to our original villa still no running water and still no dinner.
The following day we checked out refusing to pay for four of our five nights which Expedia refunded to us.
The Location - A fifteen minute walk from Jomtien 2nd road past several construction sites where workers mostly poor Cambodian will watch and stare, very uncomfortable a walk you would never ever want to do at night.
Behind the villa's there is a garbage dump, yes no lie a garbage dump where if the wind is going the wrong way you will get he smell wafting through. Next to the garbage dump there is a swamp and an old graveyard where construction workers have disturbed most of the burial sites, quite sad to see.
One of the receptionists at VIP Villas told me she wouldn't ride her motorbike home alone at night she always waited for a co-worker to ride along side her as a girl had recently been raped on the road between VIP Villas and Jomtien 2nd Rd.
VIP Villa Management - Four young Russians who have no idea at all about customer service. The villas are obviously owned by individuals who allow VIP management to rent them on their behalf.
in 2009 I lived in Jomtien for one year and I still visit Pattaya with my wife about 4 times per year & I am surprised I got caught out by this mob as I am normally a switched on traveller.
You have been warned!