90 days reporting. Do they have a system at the airport about it?

I've always done 90 days reporting which is no problem but I just realized that next time I will fly out from Thailand 1-2 days after the 90 days is over. 

Even if I do the reporting by post and if somehow I do not get the new paper on time to the flight, is that a big problem?

Do they have a system checking the 90 days report? How serious is 1-2 days "overstay" with 90 days reporting or is it an overstay? What it is?

How serious offence the 90 days reporting is compared to the extension of stay overstay?

They don't check for or care about  90 day reports at the airport. Most people take the report slip out before leaving.

The overstay fine is 500 baht a day up to a max fine of 20,000 baht. Not doing or being late for a 90 day report is 2000 baht up to a max fine of 5000 baht.

• Like 2

The issue would arise after your return when you make your first new report - they would find that you stayed longer than 90 days and had not reported and subject you to the normal 2,000 baht fine.  Better to make the mail report - no problem if receipt is not received prior to departure.  

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

You can do 90 days a week before or a week after, it is nothing to do with overstay. If you go over a week late, they will want Bht 2000.

So this means I do not need to the report if I leave 2 days after the 90 days?

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They don't check for or care about  90 day reports at the airport. Most people take the report slip out before leaving.

The overstay fine is 500 baht a day up to a max fine of 20,000 baht. Not doing or being late for a 90 day report is 2000 baht up to a max fine of 5000 baht.

Indeed- Previously (over a year ago Chiang Mai immigration used to check and remove the 90 day slip when leaving the county) Now they don't even bother looking at it.

14 hours ago, wgdanson said:

You can do 90 days a week before or a week after, it is nothing to do with overstay. If you go over a week late, they will want Bht 2000.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

My understanding, and I have tested this, leaving Thailand, acts as "reporting" when you come back to Thailand, the date you arrive re-starts a 90 day reporting cycle.

So in theory, you just get on the plane with no worries, and report 90 days after you arrive back in Thailand.  (do get a re-entry stamp before you go, if you don't....   you will be in a world of bother)

well, apparently the folks at my immigration office are not under your supervision, as what I have been doing has worked for over a year.   I report as soon as I get back into Thailand, (the airport is a 5 minute drive to the immigration office).

The IO issues me a new 90 receipt of notification, and my wife submits a new tm30 on the same day.

I leave again, next month, I'd be surprised if there is any change the status quo, but if there is, I'll scrounge around in my wallet, and some how manage to find 2K baht.

Believe you misunderstand - I am saying you must report if stay is longer than 90 days and leaving after 92 days without reporting means you did not do that and you will be subject to fine if found out (and normally that would be at the first report after return where they will check last report and when you departed and returned).  There is a provision to allow reporting up to 7 days late without fine but that does not apply if a TM47 is not submitted (as in just leaving).  

The moment you have the stamp of leaving Thailand and in your passport you are out the country.

The moment you enter Thailand you get a stamp and the counting started. this is 1st day.

Even though it is put differently in the law when you have  to do your 90 day report. About the report of this 90 event that ctually started the moment you have your permanent non-immigration visa valid for a period of 1 year.

And got a fine for 2000 THB incorrect protested and  much later it was corrected by the Immigration Office.

Edited by Autonuaq

19 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe you misunderstand - I am saying you must report if stay is longer than 90 days and leaving after 92 days without reporting means you did not do that and you will be subject to fine if found out (and normally that would be at the first report after return where they will check last report and when you departed and returned).  There is a provision to allow reporting up to 7 days late without fine but that does not apply if a TM47 is not submitted (as in just leaving).  

Wrong, as u have a grace prriod of 7 days to report after your 90 days have lapsed. So in theory if u left in 92 days it would not matter, if u left 98 days, then u got a problem

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:44 PM, Topah said:

it means I do not need to the report if I leave 2 days after the 90 days?

It means you have time to do It latest one week after the 90 days but you have to do It In any case If you plan to leave 2 days after the 90 days. But you can do It on line from any computer between 15 and 7 days before the 90 days expire and receive the approval by e-mail.

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Dakhar said:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

My understanding, and I have tested this, leaving Thailand, acts as "reporting" when you come back to Thailand, the date you arrive re-starts a 90 day reporting cycle.

So in theory, you just get on the plane with no worries, and report 90 days after you arrive back in Thailand.  (do get a re-entry stamp before you go, if you don't....   you will be in a world of bother)

If you leave b4 the 90 days then no need to make the report but If you leave after then I wouldn't take any risk and make It on line or reg. mail Is easy and prevents any possible problem. With all what Is happening, they can make bitter life to all those that are easy to control just for little things.

7 hours ago, Dakhar said:

Wrong, as u have a grace prriod of 7 days to report after your 90 days have lapsed. So in theory if u left in 92 days it would not matter, if u left 98 days, then u got a problem

It is my understanding that the 15 before, 7 days after window is only valid for people attending the immigration office for 90 day reporting.

It is not a 'get-out-of-jail' free card for ignoring the 90 day limit. If you left the country 92 days after entering, that would be what you were doing, ignoring. Catch-up (maybe) happens on your first 90 day report after you re-enter the country if you get an observant IO.