Internet Speed....Or lack of it !

EL159

On 9/30/2016 at 9:50 PM, Anthony5 said:

If I do +100 speedtests over a time span of 3 days, and always get the same results, I may assume that they are correct

Wow, that’s some true dedication right there with testing your Internet speed nearly twice an hour for 3 days.

Actually my life doesn’t revolve around the Internet or my connection speed so as far as what method or whose speed tests I use doesn’t really make a huge difference to me. I generally only tend to use a speed test if I suspect some major consistent issue with my connection.

Generally speaking I might run a test a handful of times every 6 months or so as a few hundred milliseconds of ping response or a few Mbps of speed doesn’t bother me. What I have today is far better than the days I recall before the great WWW when I used Bulletin Boards and a 9600 baud dial up connection.

If the Internet connection speed sways your life so much then perhaps you should do a Kim Dotcom and get your own private transcontinental line.

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

Wow, that’s some true dedication right there with testing your Internet speed nearly twice an hour for 3 days.

Actually my life doesn’t revolve around the Internet or my connection speed so as far as what method or whose speed tests I use doesn’t really make a huge difference to me. I generally only tend to use a speed test if I suspect some major consistent issue with my connection.

Generally speaking I might run a test a handful of times every 6 months or so as a few hundred milliseconds of ping response or a few Mbps of speed doesn’t bother me. What I have today is far better than the days I recall before the great WWW when I used Bulletin Boards and a 9600 baud dial up connection.

If the Internet connection speed sways your life so much then perhaps you should do a Kim Dotcom and get your own private transcontinental line.

Is that really the best you can do simply because I don't want to admit your ignorance about internet speed tests?

I'm however confident that you must have read my post #25 where it is explained that all those speed tests were because there were serious issues with my connection for 3 days, and we were trying to figure them out.

So again I have to break it for you, after it has become clear that you have no idea about the topic at hand, you also fail to apply some proper click bait.