60 day extension for Thai Child

Good Day to all. I like to ask a question about getting a 60 day extension based on being a father of a Thai child.

Currently on  T.R. and already did the 30 day thing. I have a birth Certificate which shows my name as the father. i went to Khon Kaen Imm 3 weeks ago and tried to get the 60 days but they said they wanted to see the house book that shows my son's name and it should match with the birth certificate. At that time I didn't have that so I got the 30 day extension based on my T.R.

My question is my son lives in another province with my girlfriend's Mom  ( for now ) until I sort out some other things and then we all will be together sure. The house book does show my name, gf's and my son's name. Weill they accept this though I currently live in KK with the gf because she's studying here and will finish by the end of the year. As I said at the end of the year then we plan to marry and live together. I think it should be ok. I need the 60 days because then I get my state pension and will apply for a retirement visa since I'm 62 now.  Appreciate your kind replies. Thank you 

You can apply in KK for the extension but your child will need to be with you when you apply.

Your best choice might be to get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai in Vientiane or Savannakhet that would give you a 90 day entry that you could then extend for one year based upon retirement. You would need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

Hi  Ubonjoe  thank you for your reply but as I said currently my son doesn't stay with us here in KK but in another Province with my gf's mom. That house book does show all of our names on it. They told me 3 weeks ago no need to see the child just a HB that shows the names. So, the ? is will they accept this even though we're not all together here in KK?  Thanks again 

If they told you your child did not need to be with you then you can try to apply at KK. You will likely need some proof you are living in KK when you apply.

I suggested the non-o visa since you are going to need one when you apply for the extension based upon retirement.

I have a visa based on my child! You have to go to the immigration where the residence on the book belongs to. And you should ask for a year, not 30 days! You do not need the retirement visa!

But.. you must have a deposit of 400000 baht in the bank for the last 2 months!

Edited by Constantinos

6 minutes ago, Constantinos said:

I have a visa based on my child! You have to go to the immigration where the residence on the book belongs to. And you should ask for a year, not 30 days! You do not need the retirement visa!

But.. you must have a deposit of 400000 baht in the bank for the last 2 months!

There is no requirement to apply for the extension where the child's house book is for. It can be applied for where the parent is living with proof of residence for there.

He probably does not qualify for the one year extension since he apparently has not legitimized his parenthood yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to apply for the extension where the child's house book is for. It can be applied for where the parent is living with proof of residence for there.

He probably does not qualify for the one year extension since he apparently has not legitimized his parenthood yet.

Probably right! I live with my wife, the mother of my daughter so, I guess this is a different case!

• 2 years later...

Just a quick question somewhat similar to the OP.

Got a 60 day extension today based on being married. At the end of that 60 day is it correct I can get a 12 month retirement extension as long as I can show the seasoned 800,000?

13 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Got a 60 day extension today based on being married. At the end of that 60 day is it correct I can get a 12 month retirement extension as long as I can show the seasoned 800,000?

That is correct.