Outrage after two transgender women refused entry at Hong Kong International Airport

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the right way to tell someone that don't make a difference into his or her own body part that is what you are like it or not.

This issue is making ground in North America even with bathrooms at schools if one day little boy decide he want to be a girl he goes to the girl bathroom how sick is this?

I agree ladyboy are often looking nicer than actual woman but they should not be able go be call mrs if there is no surgery and paperwork.

16 minutes ago, mettech said:

This is the right way to tell someone that don't make a difference into his or her own body part that is what you are like it or not.

This issue is making ground in North America even with bathrooms at schools if one day little boy decide he want to be a girl he goes to the girl bathroom how sick is this?

I agree ladyboy are often looking nicer than actual woman but they should not be able go be call mrs if there is no surgery and paperwork.

How sick is obsession with where people go to the bathroom? 

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Probably less sick than a guy who wants his pecker surgically removed. Self-mutilation is not healthy behavior.

Tell me again how you intend to keep perverts from entering girls bathrooms and claiming he/she now identifies as a woman? I have great-granddaughters.

Edited by ClutchClark

7 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

30296294-01.jpg

Exactly, Hong Kong should apologise to the ladies. Bigoted Asia it's time to grow up, especially Burma. Out with the old and in with the new. My image is of 3 lovely girls in Burma who daily have to put up with bigoted, offensive comments.

"I am what I am."

There's no pretending.

Why should HK apologize, what exactly for ?

Immigration officials everywhere have the right to refuse entry to their country and it's common for young women to be refused landing because the authorities don't believe the claimed purpose of visit.

Transgenders were refused and it suddenly becomes a major issue. I wonder how many other people were denied entry that day ?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly JT, 

I am 100% in agreement with you on this one.

What is with this obsession that ladyboys have of insisting they be allowed to go the bathroom in the girls bathroom?

Honestly, why can't they just go in the mens where they even have the option of standing or sitting ?

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

Exactly JT, 

I am 100% in agreement with you on this one.

What is with this obsession that ladyboys have of insisting they be allowed to go the bathroom in the girls bathroom?

Honestly, why can't they just go in the mens where they even have the option of standing or sitting ?

A sense of recognition by their pseudo-peers?

Boo Hoo to these Thai travellers, as Hong Kong is not Thailand.  Som Nom Na. 

Every place in the world has their own reasons for how they deal with people.

Try to fly to Russia and see how you are treated there!

I am glad to see some countries who do not bow to these so called special needs

groups

Geezer

greenchair

Your information is basically correct.I read a book years ago about the 3rd gender.In it was a chapter about a Dr klienfelter.The chapter contained his findings regarding the true Bi gender.The physical differences in their appearance and the problems that they possessed,such as brittle bone syndrome and height and weight differences from that of the 'lady boy',who is simply a male to female transition.These people were referred to as 'Klienfelters children. These people with 'Klienfelter syndrome are usually born with two sets of genitals.The surgical procedure was to find the genitals that were most prevalent and to remove the others that weren't.Therefore,raising the child as what ever genitals were most pronounced.It was a very interesting read,and i think you may find it so.It can be googled under 'klienfelter's syndrome.

"Seems they were simply refused for not meeting the criteria to enter as tourists. The fact they are transgender is irrelevant. "

If that is so why were they asked to sign a form related to their sex?

"The pair were told to sign two documents; one to confirm they had completed full gender reassignment surgery and one to confirm they would voluntarily go back to Thailand immediately."

Edited by biggles45

14 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

"Seems they were simply refused for not meeting the criteria to enter as tourists. The fact they are transgender is irrelevant. "

If that is so why were they asked to sign a form related to their sex?

"The pair were told to sign two documents; one to confirm they had completed full gender reassignment surgery and one to confirm they would voluntarily go back to Thailand immediately."

They didn't sign any documents so there are no copies that can be produced so we only have their word for it.

I wonder what language was used during the interview ?

11 minutes ago, Alive said:

They should have been let in. People are people.

It doesn't matter who people are, perhaps other than VIPs, there's no automatic right of entry and that's how it should be.

If, as with young women and men I suppose, the immigration officers suspect the purpose of visit isn't simply shopping and sightseeing they've every right to refuse entry.

I've no doubt some genuine tourists are wrongly turned back but that's how it goes unfortunately. This situation has been blown out of all proportion.

56 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

A peek under the skirt should sort out the problem. Easy, if there is nothing hanging they are women the others are men.

I am not personally persuaded that removal completes the process, perhaps they are simply eunuchs.

If I have my dog fixed, should I now start referring to it as she and a bitch?

I am sure there is more to this tale than we are seeing here.  Some immigration official should of course be suspicious of 2 'women' who are carrying men's passports, as much as 2 burly men dressed in skirts and wigs. That is before we get to purpose of visit......

Hong Kong would not be the only place to give them grief.

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

greenchair

Your information is basically correct.I read a book years ago about the 3rd gender.In it was a chapter about a Dr klienfelter.The chapter contained his findings regarding the true Bi gender.The physical differences in their appearance and the problems that they possessed,such as brittle bone syndrome and height and weight differences from that of the 'lady boy',who is simply a male to female transition.These people were referred to as 'Klienfelters children. These people with 'Klienfelter syndrome are usually born with two sets of genitals.The surgical procedure was to find the genitals that were most prevalent and to remove the others that weren't.Therefore,raising the child as what ever genitals were most pronounced.It was a very interesting read,and i think you may find it so.It can be googled under 'klienfelter's syndrome.

Well thank you for that information. 

In my opinion the difference between a physically born hemophrodite and a mental gender disorder is like chalk and cheese. 

Though I can accept the personal choice of lifestyle to be gay or Transgender. The statistics are absolutely overwhelming that almost all of them were sexually abused in some way before the age of 15. Therefore, obviously they have been mentally damaged. So society should not buy into their illness changing passport gender, changing birth gender, marrying different gender. I would however support 3rd gender on a passport and support 3rd gender bathrooms and 3rd gender prisons. 

Similar to drug addict families become mentally ill by enabling a behaviour. Society has now become quite confused about this whole issue. 

3 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Though I can accept the personal choice of lifestyle to be gay or Transgender. The statistics are absolutely overwhelming that almost all of them were sexually abused in some way before the age of 15.

What an outrageous LIE.

17 hours ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Beeing able to enter a country is not a human right. A country is free to decide who can get a VISA for whatever reason they please.

Absolutely and anyone living in Thailand should know that instead of bleating on about human rights.

I hate getting letters from unspecified titles. How are you supposed to address a reply? Some people get upset if you put Dear Sir or Madam these days.

When the law does change for TG and all the other substrata of sex types we have suddenly had thrust upon us thanks partly to modern medical advances, I hope these people will be given a suitable title. Tgw or Tgm instead of Mr, Ms or the unfashionable Mrs. In same sex marriages how do they sign, Ms and Ms or Mr and Mr?

Sorry it is really out of control PC crap. As  a couple of posters have said they were most likely stopped for suspicion of being there for illegal purposes, pick pocketing or the sex trade, not because of being dressed as women and having Mr Somchai Nodik in their passports.

1 hour ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I hate getting letters from unspecified titles. How are you supposed to address a reply? Some people get upset if you put Dear Sir or Madam these days.

When the law does change for TG and all the other substrata of sex types we have suddenly had thrust upon us thanks partly to modern medical advances, I hope these people will be given a suitable title. Tgw or Tgm instead of Mr, Ms or the unfashionable Mrs. In same sex marriages how do they sign, Ms and Ms or Mr and Mr?

Sorry it is really out of control PC crap. As  a couple of posters have said they were most likely stopped for suspicion of being there for illegal purposes, pick pocketing or the sex trade, not because of being dressed as women and having Mr Somchai Nodik in their passports.

Ah got to love a "it's PC gone mad post".

As usual it is nonsense, but they are funny.

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah got to love a "it's PC gone mad post".

As usual it is nonsense, but they are funny.

I thought the poster showed great sensitivity towards this marginilized group of people when he showed concern for the proper title to address these unique folks. 

Sharing the earlier posters inate compassion for fellow humans, I also hope this issue is addressed ASAP.

On 9/27/2016 at 3:35 AM, Jingthing said:

This is a weird story.

Denying entry based on evidence of them being sex workers is defensible.

Denying entry because of the particulars of surgery for transgender people and/or only based on transgender status is a violation of human rights. 

Neither of which happened.

They were denied entry because HK authorities didn't believe they were on vacation.

On 9/27/2016 at 3:43 AM, Jingthing said:

Well, they're wrong. Of course they're human. Incidents like this highlight why transgender civil rights has become a much more visible INTERNATIONAL issue in recent years. 

Incidents like this merely highlight that SJWs will see fire where there is no smoke.

7 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

I thought the poster showed great sensitivity towards this marginilized group of people when he showed concern for the proper title to address these unique folks. 

Sharing the earlier posters inate compassion for fellow humans, I also hope this issue is addressed ASAP.

Yeah right. 

On September 27, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Jingthing said:

Perhaps, but Thailand isn't all that accepting either. Much of that is superficial. 

Unlike your country, as far as I know there are no laws concerning the washrooms they may use. 

20 hours ago, greenchair said:

Well thank you for that information. 

In my opinion the difference between a physically born hemophrodite and a mental gender disorder is like chalk and cheese. 

Though I can accept the personal choice of lifestyle to be gay or Transgender. The statistics are absolutely overwhelming that almost all of them were sexually abused in some way before the age of 15. Therefore, obviously they have been mentally damaged. So society should not buy into their illness changing passport gender, changing birth gender, marrying different gender. I would however support 3rd gender on a passport and support 3rd gender bathrooms and 3rd gender prisons. 

Similar to drug addict families become mentally ill by enabling a behaviour. Society has now become quite confused about this whole issue. 

No one is more confused than you. Do you happen to be one of those delusional religious  nutbars? If you want to assert such crap at least  provide a link to these imaginary "statistics".