Another driver's licence question, sorry :(

Sauc

I would like to apply for my first time driver's licence.  I have a UK car licence.  I understand that I need a medical certificate and a letter from a doctor for my first licence.  I would like to also get a motor bike licence as well. I would like to know if I have to sit the written test for both car and bike?  Or just bike?  Or neither?

But my biggest issue is that I'm colour blind :sad:.  Not so badly that I can't tell the difference in traffic lights, but I do have trouble with the tests.  I fact I only found out that I was colour blind a few years ago.  Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Yes and yes.

Unless you have the provision to ride a motorbike on your UK license, you'll need to sit, listen and watch the videos and then do a multiple choice for both (I believe). Having a UK car license will negate having to drive around the cones.

A friend of mine was also colourblind, but he was lucky enough to be testing the same day as me. When it came to reading out the colours, I simply whispered in his ear when each one was presented and all was good. So, take a friend or missus and get them to stand the opposite side to the instructor. Naughty though it is, when in Rome. :whistling:

From the OP I understand that you only have a car license not a motorcycle license.

So yes the full program required for that.

The multiple choice tests needs swotting!

See the pinned topic in the motor forum (where this thread should be):

3 hours ago, Sauc said:

Q 1... I have a UK car licence.  I understand that I need a medical certificate. 

Q 2...will l have to sit the written test for motorbike?

Q 3.. Is there any way around this?

1. You can get your first Thai 2 year DL at your nearest DLT office with a UK photo card DL with the other paperwork required.

My son is colour blind and can judge the difference shades between red,  amber ( yellow here ) and green.

You will need to do that or get a earpiece so someone can tell you during the test. :biggrin:

2.  Test will have to be done in full if you do not have motorbike on your UK DL.

3.  Yes as 1. :biggrin: