Deputy Thai PM assures current water situation manageable

webfact

Deputy PM assures current water situation manageable

BANGKOK, 27 September 2016 (NNT) – Deputy Prime Minister ACM Prajin Juntong has confirmed that the water situation is currently under control while promising due compensation for flood-affected agriculturists. 

Although precipitation remains high in northern parts of the country, ACM Prajin insisted that the water situation has yet to become worrying as major reservoirs can still accommodate much more inflow. He noted that floods could be triggered by the presence of a monsoon trough in the country during this period. However, the Royal Irrigation Department has been preparing to coordinate water management and drainage efforts with all related agencies, including the Meteorological Department and the Ministry of Interior. 

According to the deputy premier, since the water level in Pa Sak Jolasid Dam has been rising drastically, the discharge of water will have to be accelerated, but people below the dam can rest assured that no flood crisis like the one in 2011 will occur. He also urged residents in any inundated areas not to panic as the water will be quickly drained out. 

As for 50,000-60,000 rai of farmland currently submerged under water, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation is cooperating with the Royal Irrigation Department in helping the affected farmers by installing water pumps. The Deputy Prime Minister assured that they will be entitled to proper compensation in accordance with the state protocol. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-27

"However, the Royal Irrigation Department has been preparing to coordinate water management and drainage efforts with all related agencies, including the Meteorological Department and the Ministry of Interior."

Now that's worrying. Better off leaving things alone so they'll not be able to f*** it up like they usually do.

43 minutes ago, jamesbrock said:

Let's ask the owners of the cars at Champs Elysees Condominium shall we?

Still not as bad as in 2011.. but I did check my waders, I bought them after the flooding. I would have killed for those during the flooding. 

I doubt it will get that bad again, our village on the outskirts of BKK is higher than the others here and had never been flooded only in 2011. So I don't think it will happen again. 

But I pity those that are flooded its really bad, especially if it is prolonged. I hope these guys can prevent most of it.. there will always be some flooding as some parts are just too hard to protect. 

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

Still not as bad as in 2011.. but I did check my waders, I bought them after the flooding. I would have killed for those during the flooding. 

I doubt it will get that bad again, our village on the outskirts of BKK is higher than the others here and had never been flooded only in 2011. So I don't think it will happen again. 

But I pity those that are flooded its really bad, especially if it is prolonged. I hope these guys can prevent most of it.. there will always be some flooding as some parts are just too hard to protect. 

True. Here's hoping the rains don't last much longer up north, as Sirikit dam is getting full.