Hmong 'story' quilts

Wallich

If you mean literally by "view," I have several I purchased in October 2007, before they stopped doing the fine, detailed work. I have a piece that while not one of a kind, was the only one I ever saw there -- it will fit larger than a king-sized bed. It took one lady 3 months to complete alone. 

Nowadays the work is pretty hack, and you can see the quality suffers for it.

What is it you want, exactly? Some school project or something? 

Here's a shot of the artist with her creation, or part of it; it's much bigger than what you can see. 

LP woman who embrodiered bedspread.jpg

///edit: Sorry, miss the part about purchase. This one is not for sale, but I have a smaller one (the same size as the one on the stair wall in the movie, Gran Torino), but I'd have to have quite a lot for it. 

Edited by Trujillo

They are all made in China now. I think it's a village in the South where these hill-tribes originate from. The pattern is programed into a computer and it goes to work stitching them, pulling the colorful thread from numerous supplies being fed to the computer. They are spun off on to a huge roll and put on a truck and transported to Thailand. The big boss lives in C.M. and controls the operation and sales. He used to have a video of the operation in China on youtube. I have no idea how to search for it.