Information regarding fruit sellers (Private or Public ) for personal supply

Shabzz

Hello everyone,

Hope all are doing good :-) I'm looking for a fruit seller in Phuket who can supply fruits for weddings and stuff, Some one who owns a private fruit stall or something close to it, or even a farms or something. I have a family wedding coming up so just need some info. 

Thank you and best wishes

51 minutes ago, Shot said:

If you are looking for uncut fruit at wholesale price, try Makro or Flagship SuperCheap store. If it is a one shot deal for a "family wedding", any of the 1000 fruit stands everywhere will suffice.

I would agree with using any of the Makros. Supercheap is crap shot at any of the smaller stores.

I'm wondering how much the OP thinks they can save, unless this is a business start up question. One wedding with 100s of guests isn't worth the hassle of buying wholesale. If start up business, I would seriously reconsider. Fruit is cheap and the profit margins very slim.

1 hour ago, Shot said:

If you are looking for uncut fruit at wholesale price, try Makro or Flagship SuperCheap store. If it is a one shot deal for a "family wedding", any of the 1000 fruit stands everywhere will suffice.

Thanks guys. You were a great help. I'll inform my cousin about it. 

27 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Are you in Phuket?

There's literally markets everywhere.

No beech I'm not in Phuket. 

44 minutes ago, Shot said:

I'm wondering how much the OP thinks they can save, unless this is a business start up question. One wedding with 100s of guests isn't worth the hassle of buying wholesale. If start up business, I would seriously reconsider. Fruit is cheap and the profit margins very slim.

You're right Shot, and honestly it wasn't my idea as well of finding someone for just 100 people during the wedding, I would rather just let the hotel take care of this, but since i've been asked to find out some information so i'm just lending them a helping hand. A fruit start up would be a very bad idea for a new business. Lol

There is a huge difference in fruit sellers that I see. 

That big fruit stand on Mangosteen hill in Rawai sells for 3X more than the private guy who sets up on the side of the road out of his pickup truck, up the road a bit.
So, I do believe you can save money on fruit if you shop around. 

(depending on what is in season of course)

But yeah, worrying about the best price for fruit for a wedding in Phuket seems a bit strange. 

Phuket weddings aren't cheap and there would most likely be many ways to save on one. 
Fruit being low on most people's list, I would think. 

But, to each his own. 

Try one of the farmers markets. 
There are many.  Just ask a local, wherever you are. 

Those fruit-stands in Rawai are just like the fruit stands on Chao Fah West near Kwang road.

The fruit is all blemish free and caters to the hordes of Chinese tours. Yes, the fruit is three times the price which is why you never see any Phuket residents shopping there, but, the Chinese don't know that.

Edited by KarenBravo